Author Topic: A place of my own  (Read 14408 times)

DCEPTCN

Re: A place of my own
« Reply #45 on: March 27 2007, 02:20:50 PM »
A flood policy is an entirely separate policy that is run by the federal gov't.....and it's fucking expensive.

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #46 on: June 25 2007, 01:24:07 PM »
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:20 am"
A flood policy is an entirely separate policy that is run by the federal gov't.....and it's fucking expensive.

People are still waiting for their insurance money...almost two years later! The govt wants us to rebuild but they wont have the REAL elevation for two more years! I dont understand the holdup. I just dont think they give a fuck about their homeland.

After spending tons of time searching, plotting and planning, I bought a piece without the help from any of the dumbass realtors down here. I havent closed on it yet, were waiting for the appraisal and survey. Hopefully I'll close in a couple weeks. It's bigger than I wanted and alot more. I had to actually get a loan. Ugh. BUT, It's worth it. A little over a half acre. I hope to close in a week or two. Then I'll have to clear it.

I'm only going to clear what I'm going to actually use...driveway parking and a place for the trailor. I'm going to clear the rest as I need it. I'll probably split the land and set up a couple rental properties on the other half...get some income comming in. We'll see.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25 2007, 01:33:50 PM »
Quote from: "Be4u @ Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:24 pm"
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:20 am"

People are still waiting for their insurance money...almost two years later! The govt wants us to rebuild but they wont have the REAL elevation for two more years! I dont understand the holdup. I just dont think they give a fuck about their homeland.

After spending tons of time searching, plotting and planning, I bought a piece without the help from any of the dumbass realtors down here. I havent closed on it yet, were waiting for the appraisal and survey. Hopefully I'll close in a couple weeks. It's bigger than I wanted and alot more. I had to actually get a loan. Ugh. BUT, It's worth it. A little over a half acre. I hope to close in a week or two. Then I'll have to clear it.

I'm only going to clear what I'm going to actually use...driveway parking and a place for the trailor. I'm going to clear the rest as I need it. I'll probably split the land and set up a couple rental properties on the other half...get some income comming in. We'll see.

Sounds like a plan, good luck and Congrats!
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
A place of my own
« Reply #48 on: June 25 2007, 02:09:49 PM »
Sounds good!!  Congrats!!
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Ttype83

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25 2007, 03:14:45 PM »
I was the first one to know  :rocklicker:
I have a chainsaw...I wonder how long it would take me to kill myself using it.
Jim Seaton 83 T type
CarbedHotAir Slug
2 1/2\" mandrel bent dual exh wo/cat & Dynomax race bullet mufflers, MSD coil, MSD BTM,K&N filter, K hanger, CS secondaries, Comp cam 260H, BRF Trans, ET 14.8 @ 92mph 14 psi boost
Comp Cams will never get another dime of my money
USAF (retired w/22yrs)
86 T-type Stock IC & Turbo, Razor Alky, 50lb inj, Hotwire & fuel pump, tt chip

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25 2007, 07:00:07 PM »
Quote from: "Ttype83 @ Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:14 pm"
I was the first one to know
Rob

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
A place of my own
« Reply #51 on: July 13 2007, 01:19:48 AM »
Tomorrow (friday) I go and close on it. It sucks that 5K is going to be yanked out of my bank account and another 4.5K soon after for development but it's worth it.

You wouldnt have to worry about killin yourself Jim, I wouldnt even let you fire it up. I dont like seeing people cutting trees when I'm around...I WANNA be the cutter, lol, I like sawing trees.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
A place of my own
« Reply #52 on: July 13 2007, 07:59:00 AM »
Quote from: "Be4u @ Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:19 am"
Tomorrow (friday) I go and close on it. It sucks that 5K is going to be yanked out of my bank account and another 4.5K soon after for development but it's worth it.

You wouldnt have to worry about killin yourself Jim, I wouldnt even let you fire it up. I dont like seeing people cutting trees when I'm around...I WANNA be the cutter, lol, I like sawing trees.

Congrats! and good luck! That is GREAT!
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
A place of my own
« Reply #53 on: July 13 2007, 09:10:18 AM »
Becareful with that chain saw!
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
A place of my own
« Reply #54 on: October 09 2007, 03:12:07 PM »
Well shit, time for an update. I got my land cleared. By hand. It was a pain in the ass. I hardly had any help. It was too hot and everyone was like "fuck that" lol.

Ended up, I over cleared. i mean, I cleared it how I wanted it but I made it too neat. I cut the stumps just below the ground. Not thinking I'm going to have about 6" of fill dirt covering everything. I ruined so many chains and since the local Lows doesnt carry the cheap chains I spent about $25 a chain for my fancy ass husqvarna chainsaw.

I had 6 loads of dirt dropped and spread yesterday. I'm getting one more then I'll sort out what I'm going to do next. I need to get my trailer in soon so I dont have to pay my over priced storage fee next month.

As some of y'all know, my good phone is dead but is now suddenly alive. I'll get it reactivated so I can snap some pics. My current phone sucks, no pics.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09 2007, 10:42:16 PM »
Good to hear from you again. I'm currently looking for a place.
My mom and I have been having problems with the park management.
Long story....
Rob

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
A place of my own
« Reply #56 on: October 10 2007, 01:41:18 AM »
Sheesh, good luck!

People who own property tend to be anal.

Did I mention I got bit by ANOTHER Brown Recluse? This time was no joke. I had a welt the size of a softball, and a wound 1" x 3/4". Worst pain I ever felt. Three weeks later and it still hurts. A lady I work with told me about her husband, he had the same size bite...spent 4 days in the hospital. I almost gave in and went cuz I got scared but held out cuz I cant afford to miss work right now. Aww man, it was nasty. oozing, black, and to the bone. Not only did the sore hurt like the god of all hell (i'm not kiddin') but it hurt so bad that I couldnt sleep. I never in my life woke from pain. Oh, and cleaning it...I dug meat or whatever out with my nail. Ugh. I had to prep for hours befor I did it. I was honestly afraid I was going to die or have my leg amputated. I broke out in a rash, fever, sick to my stomach for a few days. And during all that I still worked AND cleared land. I aint no pussy!
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
A place of my own
« Reply #57 on: October 10 2007, 01:48:47 AM »
I also forgot to mention CTC. Another great year. 10 GN's 1 TTA and 1 GNX. I touched a GNX.....the tailpipe. Tag was GNXTINT or something. Not in the GNX registry either. #504 from I believe Houma Louisiana. I met that tuner guy from Baton Rouge too. KMA will know who I'm talking about. Oh, Sinistrv6 was there too along with TurboNasty. Once again...anothe r incredible year at CTC.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
A place of my own
« Reply #58 on: October 10 2007, 12:57:37 PM »
Quote from: "Be4u @ Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:48 am"
I also forgot to mention CTC. Another great year. 10 GN's 1 TTA and 1 GNX. I touched a GNX.....the tailpipe. Tag was GNXTINT or something. Not in the GNX registry either. #504 from I believe Houma Louisiana. I met that tuner guy from Baton Rouge too. KMA will know who I'm talking about. Oh, Sinistrv6 was there too along with TurboNasty. Once again...anothe r incredible year at CTC.
I wanted to go, but I couldn't.
Any pics ? I hope that guy thoroughly cleaned that tailpipe when you were done...
( providing that you're anything like Lepizzle...)
Rob

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
A place of my own
« Reply #59 on: October 10 2007, 01:35:17 PM »
We got some pics, not much. I'll post them soon
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal