Author Topic: Kirban?  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Kirban?
« on: July 10 2024, 11:43:17 AM »
Is Kirban still in business?

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: Kirban?
« Reply #1 on: July 10 2024, 11:47:00 AM »
No, he sold out a couple of years ago.  The buyers are less than reliable and the business is in the tank.  He was getting old and wanted to retire.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • RED-RETIRED EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10 2024, 06:37:56 PM »
There's a con man now running Kirbans. Stay the fuck away.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11 2024, 11:11:28 AM »
 He is still around and has a new newsletter and still buying and selling cars AFAIK

I always wondered about Kirban and Castle, their buisnesses weren't that far apart in PA.

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11 2024, 03:17:02 PM »
Ok, thanks guys!  :cheers: That is too bad a decent person didn't take it over. :(

Offline reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24 2024, 02:40:15 PM »
Kirban Nitely Random Scattered Thoughts to both GTO/Buick forums......I appreciate all the "congrats" and notes that have been posted on the various forums on my recent induction into the Pontiac Hall of Fame.   I am picking up my trophy tomorrow at Pypes headquarters.  The plan is to make a short video for the Pontiac Hall of Fame website.
I have one office size room in our house that contains some of the rarest GTO-Hurst-Turbo Regal items that I have collected over the years.  I attempted early on to post under each persons post congrats, but there is was so many I figure it would be easier to tip my hat to everyone in one nitely random scattered posts for fear I would "miss" someone.
A bit of a downer for me tonite  as one of our 3 cats the elderly one of the group a Main Coon cat is coming to the end of her life.  They sleep in my heated pole building and patrol the premises.  She showed up at our house by chance maybe 15 years ago as a stray.  The sweetest disposition in a cat I have owned.  If you are a pet owner need I say more.
Again without you as a customer over the years I would never have gotten this award.  I been asked by a few does Buick have a Hall of Fame?   I have no idea.  Corvette does and I believe Chevrolet also has one.
Again to one and all I am extremely grateful to acquire the votes needed to get this award.    Got a cool story about some Buick history that crosses over to Pontiac as well  I just found out one of my customers father was a white shirt guy at Delco in the 1960s and 1970s and is credited with making two critical parts.  One that GM would later sell the patent to Ford and Chrysler around 1971.   I never realized the big 3 would do deals like this. More proof we can all get along.......hi s creation is found on ever 1984-1987 Regal turbo and non turbo.  Care to guess?  Clue car takes a total of 4!!!!!
Your Health is Your Wealth and again "Thanz"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal