Author Topic: Is a TT6.1 worth the extra money of the 5.7?  (Read 17852 times)

Offline Pyro6

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Is a TT6.1 worth the extra money of the 5.7?
« Reply #45 on: January 10 2017, 10:00:10 PM »
How do you think the dents got there?
I've lost interest in my GN several times over. The wiring harness is still waiting for me. Being self employed all my life was tough, getting constant left hooks from my own car is tougher.

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10 2017, 10:18:02 PM »
Guess who just lost all interest in fucking with this car today?

You mean in?  The Buick has a decent size back seat, the girl friends really liked it!  Don't sweat the small stuff.

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12 2017, 11:58:39 PM »
How do you think the dents got there?
I've lost interest in my GN several times over. The wiring harness is still waiting for me. Being self employed all my life was tough, getting constant left hooks from my own car is tougher.

No idea.   They are too low to be shopping carts (and way too deep).  The large one looks like it was take a ball peen hammer to replicate

No witness marks or any grazing. It looks like two perfectly square hits with a slight height difference and difference in depth.

I don't drive the car enough anymore to enjoy owning it. And working  (along with spending money) on something who's main job seems to be keeping my jetboat outside is getting old.
  I miss the days of building stuff and turning wrenches for fun just to make it better.

Speaking of that, I think I'll pull that piece of shit outside of the garage and modk up the crank in my jetboat engine.  I've been thinking about writing a how-to guide on setting the thrust bearing the CORRECT way for a while now.   To bad I've already done the flow mods to the bearings....
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13 2017, 08:36:40 AM »
Selling off things that you aren't using and occupy your mind/cost you money is very liberating.  Ask me how I know.

I am considering selling off the TBSS and/or wagon (and the stupid Taurus) in an effort to continue to simplify things around here.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13 2017, 02:54:29 PM »
I'm right there with you.  Only issue is when this car was stolen a lot of the Buick community came to the plate with parts and some moneys. It'd be a slap in the face to all the people that wanted to keep a GN on the road if I were to part it out.

So I kinda have to put it back the way it was. 

I can also put the damn thing in the corner and go ride the rides at Kristieland too   :tongue
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13 2017, 05:28:16 PM »
Earl, any disgruntled members of the opposite sex, that have a pot of "revenge" simmering on the back burner?  :cool; :cool;
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13 2017, 06:54:55 PM »
Quit adding to it and just make it run and drive. Not to make your dent less than mine but this one I drive has been through multiple hail events. Dents yes, and lots of patina. I had a guy in a delivery van almost side swipe it the other day on the highway giving the thumbs up . I can't count the number of how much or is it for sales I get. I generally start at what are you offering and if they make me I throw out $25k and ask where we are. I enjoy driving it and I'm sure you do too. Mine has been stolen but the insurance co put it back together . I have a lot of memories in it just like you do in yours. Now put it together and drive it. You know you have the skills, just have to put in the time.

It is an iconic car and draws lots of attention. You need to roll out in yours and you can experience it too.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17 2017, 05:08:30 AM »
I'm not adding to it, I'm trying to make it a car that can be driven like it was before it got destroyed.

After over 10 years of this shit, I'd like the tunnel to be a little shorter.   It's bad enough to have to repair all the damage that was done, but all the extra crap that came from sittings is actually worse than building the engine and putting the interior back together.

I need to pull the dash out so I can Lysol the hell out of everything, install the new (very complicated) alarm, repair the HVAC that quit working over the years and build a ''whole car hotwire kit'' I have in my head.

I wanted that to happen about 8 months ago, but I keep losing interest due to all the other crap I have to repair or build around the house.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17 2017, 07:33:10 AM »
Sounds like adding to it to me. If it is running and you are driving, the git r done is a lot easier as there is a little reward each time you take it for a spin. It is just garage art when you never take it out. I hope I'm not being too harsh, as I don't know your situation but I do understand "all the other"stuff to repair. Wife and four kids tear up a lot of stuff.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17 2017, 03:16:54 PM »
No, it's currently in 'can move under it's own power' mode.  I can't stop working on it until it's in 'right' mode.

All the headlights have went dim from sitting. I guess all the halogen leaked out so I can barely see at night...     got a new dust covered H4 kit sitting here....

I can't stop powdery mold from appearing on the dash, steering wheel, and console so I'm not really thrilled about driving it if the windows can't be down.  I'm not going to get physically sick over this damn thing.

The list of silly shit is actually pretty long.

Honestly when I look back all the work I have done it's pretty amazing how much I have gotten done.   Building 3 engines (hence the 'earlbrown' forged pistons), wheel bearings, rotors, brakes, SS lines,tires, vac conversion, gas tank, designing an new rear frame brace,  (making kits for bearing jobs and vac conversion jobs and SS brake line jobs and rear frame braces....),

Anything less than 100% is NOT 100%.   I'm not at 100% yet.  Not whining or crying, that's just what I have waiting on me.   And it's a long ass list.   ..that keeps getting longer.   I haven't en lazy It's just been more damage that I can knock out in a weekend.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal