Author Topic: WTB good short block or long block  (Read 3460 times)

Offline dyermullet

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
WTB good short block or long block
« on: August 29 2014, 01:32:30 PM »
My engine needs rebuilt.  I have so many other issues with the car to work through and want to get it back on the road (but mostly out of the garage and out of the way).  I am looking for a serviceable short block (with cam) or long block that was running with oil pressure etc.  So that way I can drop it in and move onto all the other issues with the car.  I plan to do a quality performance rebuild on my engine later when I am not in a rush for time or money.  I am in Houston Texas area, but am willing to travel or pay shipping.  I also have friends that can pickup for me in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota.
Thanks
Scott

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: WTB good short block or long block
« Reply #1 on: August 29 2014, 01:58:22 PM »
Check with William Avila on Facebook.  he is in oklahoma and has a new one he just built...think he is asking $1400 without a cam....He's a very nice guy
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline williambavila

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29 2014, 02:04:16 PM »
yes you can call me 405-361-5362 I have a long block or short block either way

Offline dyermullet

• Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29 2014, 02:09:13 PM »
Thanks.   Is it ok if I call tomorrow? I am at work now and have plans tonight. 

Offline 278CIKILLER

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29 2014, 02:30:12 PM »
I have a long block just rebuilt use for one mouth never race with Arp studs from top to bottom re size rods all new main, rod and cam bearings 10/10 turbo crank some port work on the heads, Heads were re done  motor is timed already oil pressure is very strong does not come with headers fly wheel, injector rail or injectors and front pulley wheel and valve covers i do have picks, $3500.00 plus the ride and that will be around $450.00 I will build the crate for free. let me know.   

Offline dyermullet

• Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30 2014, 09:08:47 PM »
William I tried calling but you are probably busy tonight.  Please send me the specs of what you have for sale.  Thanks

Offline dyermullet

• Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30 2014, 09:09:46 PM »
I have a long block just rebuilt use for one mouth never race with Arp studs from top to bottom re size rods all new main, rod and cam bearings 10/10 turbo crank some port work on the heads, Heads were re done  motor is timed already oil pressure is very strong does not come with headers fly wheel, injector rail or injectors and front pulley wheel and valve covers i do have picks, $3500.00 plus the ride and that will be around $450.00 I will build the crate for free. let me know.

Thanks for the offer but I will pass.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal