Author Topic: Jackson, baby!  (Read 15908 times)

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Jackson, baby!
« Reply #30 on: December 12 2006, 01:43:21 AM »
This whole Guitar thing had me lookin' around. I thought
my Les Paul was a hacked '58 (based on info from a book
my sister had bought me. I just looked it up on Gibson's
web site, and found out its a '79. Its one heavy SOB too.
I just e-mailed them about reworking it. I may have them
put EMG-ZWs in it at the same time. It has most of the finish
worn off of the back side of the neck, and is starting to buzz all over the place.
(I have pieces of paper jammed in the nut to lessen that to a point.)
I'm sure you get the picture...But it has tons of fuckin' character !  :rock:
Rob

DCEPTCN

« Reply #31 on: December 12 2006, 07:21:47 PM »
Those old Les Pauls are fucking BATTLE AXES. They weigh more than a Daihatsu (radio delete model, of course), but it makes for one hell of a guitar.

It's really no dig against Fender, but *all* companies that get that big end up hiring more guys to watch the bottom line and less guys like us who live for the guitar. A guy at the dealership I went to was talking to me about how he worked for Jackson for several years and left after the change of ownership....h e said toward the end there the 'Suits' had turned it into Auschwitz (disgruntled, maybe?)....I asked him why the hell a customer putting in a damn custom order has to speak to them through a dealership. He said years ago, getting someone from the shop on the phone could sometimes happen, but not anymore. So far, I haven't seen the product suffering in the quality department, but I have to assume it will happen if Fender is able to grow Jackson into a bigger seller.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12 2006, 08:21:01 PM »
I went into a music store tonight to look at a couple of Jacksons that they have for sale. I've delt with these people for years and they offered me something extremely rare and reasonably priced. Its a 1990 Gibson Spider. "What the hell is that ?", you ask. It is on of about 40 guitars made by Gibson, and designed by Wayne Charvel.
Its probably the only Gibson ever made with a pointed headstock. It has EMG style
pickups with a Kahler (Floyd Rose design) tremelo. Bolt on neck 22frets. It plays
beautifully. This was designed after Wayne Charvel left Charvel to go work for Gibson to aid them in their attempt at targeting the Metal/heavy rock market.
Rumor has it that Wayne and Gibson didn't see eye to eye and parted ways. This
project was soon scrapped after that. Its really cool and sorely tempting....
Rob

DCEPTCN

« Reply #33 on: December 12 2006, 08:32:26 PM »
Price?

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12 2006, 08:37:35 PM »
$1500 Brand spankin' new. I may have been the first customer to play it.
Rob

DCEPTCN

« Reply #35 on: December 12 2006, 08:59:42 PM »
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:37 pm"
$1500 Brand spankin' new. I may have been the first customer to play it.
Nice! I have a subscription to a rag called 20th Century Guitar (I'm not recommending it) and they follow vintage and niche guitar sale prices. I'm sorry, but I don't understand paying $100k for ANY guitar.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12 2006, 09:05:06 PM »
I don't either. Did you see the link that I posted on the "Blackie" replica.
They wanted an absurd $37 k for it. Where are these people? I have some stuff I
could sell them. Muh ha ha ha ! :rofl;
Rob

DCEPTCN

« Reply #37 on: December 12 2006, 09:14:48 PM »
Fer rill. I mean, if I was loaded, *maybe* I would drop coin like that for the guitar that Robert Johnson recorded with (if anyone even knows where it is), but it would have to be a reeeeaaal humdinger like that. Then again, if I made twice the money that I do now, I'm sure I'd have like 100 guitars. You know, one of everything. Jackson 'Roswells', a few Martins, etc.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12 2006, 09:45:08 PM »
I'm glad that I don't have tons of money, because its like a sickness. You
can't just buy one.

Kramer focus 3000 Strat body with humbucking bridge P/U and 2 single coils & Floyd Rose
1979 Gibson Les Paul
1969 Gibson SG
1974 Gibson Flyin' V
Ibanez Destroyer
Fender/Squier Bass
Ovation six string acoustic
Charvel Strat style
BC Rich Bitch
Hagstrom semi hollow body 12 string electric (old ?)
Home made Rhoads style mini V (not as cool as it may sound)

I'm currently at 11. I used to have a no name six string acoustic that I gave to a buddy of mine's daughter when she wanted to learn how to play. And I gave
another friend of mine a Mach 1 Les Paul copy after he had to sell his gear to pay some bills. He still plays it today many years later.
So I was at 13 then. :rolleyes:
Rob

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12 2006, 09:49:32 PM »
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:45 pm"
I'm glad that I don't have tons of money, because its like a sickness. You can't just buy one.

I say that all the time about cars.
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12 2006, 09:51:17 PM »
Quote from: "TSM Girl @ Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:49 pm"
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:45 pm"
I'm glad that I don't have tons of money, because its like a sickness. You can't just buy one.

I say that all the time about cars.
Yup, you know exactly what I'm talking about.
 :atbeer: <--- towards therapy.
Rob

DCEPTCN

« Reply #41 on: December 12 2006, 10:00:44 PM »
Dude, your guit-fiddle collection is impressive. I'm at, like, 6....I buy some cheap guitars from time to time telling myself that they'll be awesome for that 15 second breakdown in a track that never happens. On the other hand, I have more connectors/Halloween noise makers/circuit-bent electronics/toy instruments and plans to buy voicebox doodads and pawnshop drums than I can keep up with. Jesus, I need to start my own charity for retarded noise freaks. This weekend I've got my brother in law bringing his M-4 over so that I can run a mic out the window and record some gunfire and the sound of (various things) getting blown apart. Hmm, I'm kinda tired of that one dog......I'm kidding, probably.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12 2006, 11:03:13 PM »
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:00 pm"
Dude, your guit-fiddle collection is impressive. I'm at, like, 6....I buy some cheap guitars from time to time telling myself that they'll be awesome for that 15 second breakdown in a track that never happens. On the other hand, I have more connectors/Halloween noise makers/circuit-bent electronics/toy instruments and plans to buy voicebox doodads and pawnshop drums than I can keep up with. Jesus, I need to start my own charity for retarded noise freaks. This weekend I've got my brother in law bringing his M-4 over so that I can run a mic out the window and record some gunfire and the sound of (various things) getting blown apart. Hmm, I'm kinda tired of that one dog......I'm kidding, probably.

That reminds me of a song we did back in sophmore year of high school called "Rape, Murder, Butcher,Kill !"We went behind my friend Brian's house
with a Ruger 10/22 and 50 rd. mag recording rapid firing and making death groans.
We then used it for the intro of the song. Wouldn't ya know a few years later,
Metallica comes out with One. :mad;  Kinda like when my friend Andy and I were
changing the pickups in one of our guitars with it plugged in using a cordless screwdriver. It made all sorts of cool noises, then don't ya know a few years later, Van Halens doing something similar on a hit song. Its all coincidence, but its
aggravating at the same time... :mad:
Rob

DCEPTCN

« Reply #43 on: December 12 2006, 11:14:53 PM »
True dat, yo. Me and a buddy in Ruth, NV (when I was 19) once borrowed a litter of kittens and videotaped ourselves putting them in a burlap bag next to the railroad tracks.....the n, thanks to the 'OFF' button, took the cats out of the bag and turned the camera back on just before a train came by and we threw the bag on the tracks in front of a train. Needless to say, our chick friends didn't think it as funny as us. On the track 'Kill To Ruth', the only way that I was able to get the wife to stand in front of a mic and let me sample her saying "I come here to hide....Lidoca ne and pig's blood" was by promising her that I'd fuck with the speed...which I did and it doesn't sound anything like her.....told ya so, chick.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12 2006, 11:28:41 PM »
Video taping shit is cool. Back in high school, my same friend Brian
had to make a video for an AV class project. He used Metallica's "Orien"
for the background. he then set up his camera in various hallways of the
school, and did a bunch of zoom in shots to give you the feeling of running
down the hallways in a haste. Then he has a shot showing another friend of
ours running out the front door holding a box and dragging a wire behind him.
The next scene has him pushing down the handle on the detonator box. Then
for the end he found footage from an old German war movie with a building
that looked nearly identical to our shool being blown up with a mushroom type cloud
over it. It was fucking brilliant. Everyone liked it except for the teacher.
That was back in 1986, If that had happened today, he'd still be in therapy.

Since then, the kid in the video has become a US Marine. :supz:

Truely positive results.
Rob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal