Author Topic: New injectors & chip  (Read 12255 times)

Offline ledzeppac

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
New injectors & chip
« Reply #15 on: October 28 2006, 05:46:30 PM »
yes there is a TA 61 but they are not THAT common... I think Brent over in Yorba Linda is running one.

If you only dynoed at 300 hp you have way more in the 49...  Just trying to save you some money my man....

Why havn't you put your alky kit on?  Its just collecting dust give it to me

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
New injectors & chip
« Reply #16 on: October 28 2006, 06:16:56 PM »
Yes, of course!  I have a TA-61 on my car.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
New injectors & chip
« Reply #17 on: October 28 2006, 08:28:20 PM »
Quote from: "ledzeppac @ Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:46 pm"
yes there is a TA 61 but they are not THAT common... I think Brent over in Yorba Linda is running one.

If you only dynoed at 300 hp you have way more in the 49...

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
New injectors & chip
« Reply #18 on: October 28 2006, 08:48:18 PM »
Quote from: "Top Speed @ Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:16 pm"
Yes, of course!

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
New injectors & chip
« Reply #19 on: October 28 2006, 10:54:22 PM »
Quote from: "Gary Wells @ Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:48 pm"
Quote from: "Top Speed @ Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:16 pm"
Yes, of course!
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: New injectors & chip
« Reply #20 on: October 29 2006, 01:34:19 AM »
Quote from: "Gary Wells @ Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:41 pm"
Is there such a thing as a "TA-61"? I know that there is a TE-61. Do the TA & or TE 61 have any real gonads at street level. Low level rpm, like pulling from start?
They do, and them some, when matched with the correct torque converter. TE's are better.
Rob

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29 2006, 06:01:47 AM »
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:34 pm"
Is there such a thing as a "TA-61"? I know that there is a TE-61. Do the TA & or TE 61 have any real gonads at street level. Low level rpm, like pulling from start?
They do, and them some, when matched with the correct torque converter. TE's are better.

-----------------------------
Rob:
You did it. You said the magic no-no word for me. I can get by without a converter with a 60, but not a 61, huh? The buck stopped there.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29 2006, 08:19:43 AM »
Quote from: "Gary Wells @ Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:01 am"
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:34 pm"

-----------------------------
Rob:
You did it. You said the magic no-no word for me. I can get by without a converter with a 60, but not a 61, huh? The buck stopped there.
You can still run it, but it'll be a little laggy without a converter.
Rob

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
New injectors & chip
« Reply #23 on: October 29 2006, 10:44:44 AM »
Gary, they maybe able to put a ball bearing center section in the TA/TE turbos now.  I have not checked.....  If so, then that would remove the torque converter from the spool up equation.

Chris

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29 2006, 04:15:51 PM »
I have heard that the bb turbos spool quicker, but if you thinkk about it, the only real difference would be the difference in friction. I think that I had better take my chances with a TA-60. I don't trust advertising hype all that much. I am suprised that I did not hear a fight with you guys about me staying on racing fuel for a while, but I believe and have heard that that alky can make more power, but the only difference would be the extra cooling effect from the alky sprayed into the airstream. PSM (Pete Tomka) fresh/cold air package going on shortly, then on to the dyno. My last dyno was 300 RWHP & 360 RWTQ, and I am going to guess that with the bigger injectors, new 60 chip, & cold air package maybe 320 RWHP & 385 RWTQ. Any other guesses?

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30 2006, 07:27:09 AM »
Quote from: "Gary Wells @ Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:15 pm"
I have heard that the bb turbos spool quicker, but if you thinkk about it, the only real difference would be the difference in friction. I think that I had better take my chances with a TA-60. I don't trust advertising hype all that much. I am suprised that I did not hear a fight with you guys about me staying on racing fuel for a while, but I believe and have heard that that alky can make more power, but the only difference would be the extra cooling effect from the alky sprayed into the airstream. PSM (Pete Tomka) fresh/cold air package going on shortly, then on to the dyno. My last dyno was 300 RWHP & 360 RWTQ, and I am going to guess that with the bigger injectors, new 60 chip, & cold air package maybe 320 RWHP & 385 RWTQ. Any other guesses?

Gary, what are you getting for AFR readings, and scanner data ? Alky will make a big improvement on those numbers. BB turbos kick ass, but are very expensive.
Rob

Offline granitestategn

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30 2006, 12:44:35 PM »
Gary,

If you're looking for a turbo, check with Taffy at B&E Customs. He gave me a great price on my GT-61 Limit Engineering-built turbo. He can give you a deal on the "C" word also, if needed/wanted. Great guy to deal with. I'm sure Robert would agree, also.
87 GN, 97K, original owner, stock turbo, stock IC, 60# inj, Turbotweak 93 chip, some other odds & ends

12.98 @ 104

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30 2006, 06:36:51 PM »
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:27 am"
Quote from: "Gary Wells @ Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:15 pm"

------------------------------------
Gary, what are you getting for AFR readings, and scanner data ? Alky will make a big improvement on those numbers. BB turbos kick ass, but are very expensive.

-----------------------------------
Hell, no wonder, Scanmaster, I thought that thing was as MP3 player, no wonder I do not hear any tunes.
Seriously, I am afraid to take my eyes off the road on a balls out run, which is generally a stomp from about 40 or so on a freeway onramp, and I generally shut it down after what seems like only a few seconds as the speedometer is already pegged at 85. Boost generally hits 21.5 or so, maybe 22, and all I do is look for knock retard. Always none there. Guess that I will have to learn to use the SM while watching the road at the same time. Sounds like me trying to chew gum and talk at the same time. I do run low on the blm's, I know, cruises about 110, will run up to about 128 or so when I accelerate a little, but drops back down to about 110 or so at steady cruise. The TPS is about .5 or so, I know, a little high, but I need to remove some material to get it at where it is supposed to be at full boogie, and .46 at idle. I am sure that I could drop the fuel Pressure a little, is about 43 or so now, and I don't run a gage on it full time. I guess that I need a fulltime fuel pressure gage, whether I want one or not. BB TA-60, hmmm, I might look into that.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30 2006, 07:09:36 PM »
With a BB center section, you may be able to go bigger than a 60 on the
stock converter. Check with a Turbo Guru on that. As for scanmaster readings,
I meant those associated with the dyno runs. I think your present combo should yield
higher numbers than you've posted.
Rob

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30 2006, 08:52:09 PM »
Car's only been on the dyno that one time that it yielded 300 RWHP & 360 or 366 RWTQ, don't remember which, and that was at about 18 lbs. of boost, I think, but with 100 octane and a Neal Steward street chip. It was running pretty rich and whatever the #'s are that should have been in the high 700's were in the 820-830 or so range. I asked Neal to burn this chip on the conservative side with guaranteed no knock retard issues. We will find out when I get the cold air package on and re-dyno, as I am sure that the stock air set-up with a k & N is starving off the air supply. Maybe that would explain why it seems to run a little rich & explain the low blm's. I should do the cold air package before I do anything else, I guess. Let's see here, cold air pakage, hi-po wastegate actuator, dial down the fuel pressure re-tune to maybe 23 lbs of boost & re-dyno. Sounds like a plan, man. What do you think that I should have pulled on my old set-up with stock injectors conservative chip, 18 -19 lbs of boost & 100 octane.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal