Author Topic: Crock hunter  (Read 7045 times)

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Crock hunter
« Reply #15 on: September 13 2006, 11:50:57 PM »
Quote from: "Black-Jacket @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:14 am"
www.grizzlypeo ple.com

We just had about 2 months ago a few bears walking across the highway...scar ed the crap out of me because We were driving and saw something BIG about 1 mile down the road and it stopped traffic...I told Bryan what in the hell is that?  Some big freaking animal...and jokiingly he said "maybe a bear" sure enough it was on the news that night.  Pretty wierd...where are these guys when ya need them?  lol
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14 2006, 12:02:45 AM »
About 15 years ago, I almost hit a black bear with
my car. I was on the Kangamangus Highway (Rte 118 northern NH).
It was Memorial Day weekend and I couldn't find a campground with any vacancies.
So I was kinda pissed and driving somewhat like a mad man. This particular
road is known for its sharp turns and steep hills through mountainous
terraine. I was screeching the tires around the turns etc, until I came around
a particular turn only to see the bear crossing the road right in front of me !
I hammered on the binders and just missed it. That thing was fricken huge.
On all fours, its back was at least a foot above the hood of my '81 Grand Prix.
They're supposed to cause as much damage as hitting a moose, but I didn't
care to find out.
Rob

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14 2006, 12:09:50 AM »
DAMN! That would of scared the crap out of me!  I was not too happy to know that those things are around....but yep it was on all four legs walking across the highway, also the neighbors said that was very rare to have a bear around here. But they warned me about Bobcats..geez, I dont think I am in Chicago anymore.  -lol  this country living is very diffrent. Down here, more snakes, wierd bugs, HUGE bugs, more wild animals (and I am not talking about the rednecks either)......lol
Donna

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14 2006, 12:17:34 AM »
Quote from: "TSM Girl @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:09 pm"
DAMN! That would of scared the crap out of me!
Rob

Offline Black-Jacket

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
    • http://www.suicidegirls.com
« Reply #19 on: September 14 2006, 07:29:09 AM »
Quote from: "TSM Girl @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:50 pm"
Quote from: "Black-Jacket @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:14 am"
www.grizzlypeo ple.com

We just had about 2 months ago a few bears walking across the highway...scar ed the crap out of me because We were driving and saw something BIG about 1 mile down the road and it stopped traffic...I told Bryan what in the hell is that?

DCEPTCN

« Reply #20 on: September 14 2006, 04:59:22 PM »
I've happened upon Moose (that's plural, right?) in the road in eastern Maine....those things are huge, strong and retarded.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14 2006, 11:35:11 PM »
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:59 pm"
I've happened upon Moose (that's plural, right?) in the road in eastern Maine....those things are huge, strong and retarded.
Most of the time they're like a cow, but during mating season
(aka the rut) they can get violent.

I just remembered a funny story. A friend of mine that drives a tow
truck for a local company had a bear incident. He's from the inner city of Boston, and a rather big Irish dude. He's been living up here for about 8 years now.
He recently got hooked on hunting. He got a wild boar last year, and goes on a regular basis. About 2 months ago, he gets a state police call for a truck broken
down on I-93. He shows up and loads the truck. When he finished, he spotted a black bear near the roadside. He goes to his truck and grabs his billy club
(like the PR-24 that the cops carry) and starts heading into the woods looking for the bear with the intentions of knocking it out ! (go ahead, I started laughing at this point too! )Luckily the state trooper was there to tell him to get his ass back in the truck. I ended up explaining to him that the bear is about four times stronger
than a man with a head thats tougher than a rock, and that it probably would have stuffed the club up his ass and ate him like a popsickle. Now all he has to do is mention the word bear, and I start chuckling. To which he says, "shut the fuck
up." before I can utter a word.  :rofl;
Rob

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14 2006, 11:38:02 PM »
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:35 pm"
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:59 pm"
Most of the time they're like a cow, but during mating season
(aka the rut) they can get violent.

I just remembered a funny story. A friend of mine that drives a tow
truck for a local company had a bear incident. He's from the inner city of Boston, and a rather big Irish dude. He's been living up here for about 8 years now.
He recently got hooked on hunting. He got a wild boar last year, and goes on a regular basis. About 2 months ago, he gets a state police call for a truck broken
down on I-93. He shows up and loads the truck. When he finished, he spotted a black bear near the roadside. He goes to his truck and grabs his billy club
(like the PR-24 that the cops carry) and starts heading into the woods looking for the bear with the intentions of knocking it out ! (go ahead, I started laughing at this point too! )Luckily the state trooper was there to tell him to get his ass back in the truck. I ended up explaining to him that the bear is about four times stronger
than a man with a head thats tougher than a rock, and that it probably would have stuffed the club up his ass and ate him like a popsickle. Now all he has to do is mention the word bear, and I start chuckling. To which he says, "shut the fuck
up." before I can utter a word.
Donna

Offline granitestategn

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15 2006, 05:27:19 PM »
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:36 pm"

Who the hell is Treadwell anyways ?

I saw a documentary filmed about him including a lot of his own footage. I'd read about him before but didn't realize he was as stupid as he was. He and his girlfriend were both eaten by a grizzly while his camera rolled and caught the audio portion of the event. They were in their tent. I bet the bear was thinking that this thing was kind of stringy on the outside but warm and juicy on the inside. Darwin's theory at work.
87 GN, 97K, original owner, stock turbo, stock IC, 60# inj, Turbotweak 93 chip, some other odds & ends

12.98 @ 104

Offline Dragonational

• Turbo Street Stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28 2006, 01:00:36 AM »
my ass he dont look tough if you look he does have a croc touching his face.....thats tough..... and it still pisses me off about dimebag.  give the man the respect he deserves/and i agree about the pantera fans.
i like burnouts they smell good

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal