Author Topic: Update on future build  (Read 64377 times)

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
Re: Update on future build
« Reply #300 on: July 18 2024, 05:27:44 PM »
We're almost there guys! Aside from the TC not locking up, the car really drives nice. As I said, I haven't boosted it yet, but the pull I'm getting just getting out of vacuum to zero lbs of boost is so so nice.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #301 on: July 19 2024, 09:31:55 AM »
It's a great feeling when car dreams become reality.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 23 2024, 08:53:32 AM »
I couldnt agree more!! Now i have to figure out what I unplugged because this buffer module is not sending that signal needed for proper lockup functionality to the ECM. I unplugged the original VSS and connected Casper's module up, and according to the instructions, the LED is supposed to blink to verify proper operation. I've attached a drill to the end of the sender to spin it manually and I'm still not getting a blink on the module to verify the signal is being sent. I'm also getting a code 24 which I expect to get since the speedo cable is now removed. I installed a custom dash and I have to find what wire got unplugged. I'll double check the condition of the plug on the car. Maybe a pin isn't seated properly or something.

https://www.installationinstructions.com/102162.pdf

My next task is to retorque the heads to the proper requirements and find a way to stop these valve covers from leaking. I'll be on my way to Texas after that Lol

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 23 2024, 01:20:49 PM »
Don't over tighten the covers and make sure they are the actual leak.
Steve Wood

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 23 2024, 02:37:42 PM »
Yeah I believe that I have been overtightening them. I'm going to purchase a torque wrench so I can ensure they are all the same. I have to do the same for the tranny pan as well. It's never ending

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • RED-RETIRED EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 31 2024, 11:14:47 AM »
If all else fails. Right Stuff and a crowbar. Oh, and piss on LU convertors.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 19 2024, 11:31:06 AM »
Good morning and Happy Monday to all. Firstly I'm disturbed by Mike Christensen's passing. I had a good relationship with Mike and he will be truly missed. Casper's took care of me, as it turns out the buffer module itself was wired wrong. No more VSS codes. I dropped the tank over the weekend and installed a new pump and fuel sending unit. The car is idling a little rich after the swap so I'll have to adjust my idle numbers. The car is driving pretty good but I still don't have lock up function. Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure the car went into overdrive. I'll drive it again when I get home so I can verify. I love these cars despite the pain in the butt they are. The quick disconnect fittings are nice

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 19 2024, 05:37:45 PM »
That's good news!
Steve Wood

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 19 2024, 10:24:08 PM »
Yes, yes it is.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • RED-RETIRED EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 13 2024, 11:02:58 AM »
Good morning and Happy Monday to all. Firstly I'm disturbed by Mike Christensen's passing. I had a good relationship with Mike and he will be truly missed. Casper's took care of me, as it turns out the buffer module itself was wired wrong. No more VSS codes. I dropped the tank over the weekend and installed a new pump and fuel sending unit. The car is idling a little rich after the swap so I'll have to adjust my idle numbers. The car is driving pretty good but I still don't have lock up function. Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure the car went into overdrive. I'll drive it again when I get home so I can verify. I love these cars despite the pain in the butt they are. The quick disconnect fittings are nice

Idling rich? What are you running? 5.7? 6.1? Stock ECM? Once again, piss on LU convertors. Takes very little to swap a transmission to NL. Like turbos, convertor technology has jumped leaps and bounds. Post a SM /PL file with the engine warmed up in Park.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 16 2024, 11:32:40 PM »
I'm running the 5.7 chip. The A/f idles around 13.2 to 14. I got the TC to lock up. The damn 4 prong connector wasn't plugged into the trans. My bad. I'm sticking with L/U. I appreciate the insight always but I'm sure I can achieve my goals with a L/U converter. Stock ECM yes. I'm going to send my converter back to PTC to have it restalled for my combo. I have it scheduled for the exhaust shop on the 23rd of this month. After the exhaust and the hood, I'll baby it around until it gets too cold. Winter project includes new fuel lines, UCA and LCA front and rear, springs and shocks, acquire the parts from CPT for a tranny rebuild. I'm weighing my options for the transmission job because there's a local place here in Illinois that's built some solid 200's for our cars so I may give him a chance. So much to do. As far as logging, I need to do my research on what I need so I can start posting logs. I appreciate you guys :rock:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal