Author Topic: 4th of July fireworks stories.  (Read 5137 times)

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
4th of July fireworks stories.
« on: July 05 2006, 01:10:52 PM »
I was messin' around with some bottle rockets last night. I had one that
 the stick fell off of. So I set it on the ground and lit it. It went
down the street about 10 feet, did a 180 and came back whizzing by my head. It just missed me!
It was my own dumb fault. LOL... The way I see it is that I invented the worlds first
incendiary boomerang !

I know Robert has some stories too !  :rofl;
Rob

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #1 on: July 05 2006, 01:33:19 PM »
I got hit in the ass and in the back with bottle rockets last night. Then, you know thoes morter balls? I didnt know what was going on, I was lighting bottle rockets with my back turned and a morter hit the tree and something slaped me in the back of the neck, I jumped up and everyone was running, I got hit with one of the fireballs. My body hurts today from all the dodging and weaving I did avouding bottle rockets. They dont hurt but I fear getting hit in the face. :D

The sparkler firecracker is the shit. Left a hole in the ground. Talk about a boom! We also set off about 10 "the works" firecrackers. Oh, lol, I also chased a girl around with a roman candle because she threw a firecracker at me and it stuck to my shirt and burned a hole in it. LoL. Luckily it fell b4 it popped. As of now, fireworks are still poppin outside.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05 2006, 01:51:33 PM »
Monday evening, I observed a neighbor lighting off a bunch of fireworks in the street.  A few minutes later (5) police cars, (2) fire trucks, and (1) ambulance show up!  Apparently he caught some grass on fire next to the street!  

lol, what a dumbass!
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

DCEPTCN

Re: 4th of July fireworks stories.
« Reply #3 on: July 05 2006, 02:39:21 PM »
Anybody who's been out my way knows that I am MISTER FIREWORKS, but they were banned here due to severe drought and brush fires.....so I just got wasted instead.

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05 2006, 02:54:23 PM »
They are legal here, (did not stop us before) but it was nicer this year compared to IL because we had no Neighbors calling the cops on us.....they were all setting them off.  It was great.
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05 2006, 03:19:48 PM »
I knew Sylvan would have had a display...I was wrong :mad:
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05 2006, 05:53:55 PM »
The laws regarding fireworks here are messed up. Years ago they were totally illegal.
Then they re-legalized them. Then they changed the law so you can legally purchase and posess them, but it's against the law to light them off. I guess thats what
happens when you have menopausal little old ladies in the state house making laws ?
Cops were all over the place this past week on fireworks complaints.
Rob

DCEPTCN

« Reply #7 on: July 05 2006, 06:00:32 PM »
I've got two full-on year 'round fireworks shops a few miles away......I loooooove mortars.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05 2006, 06:24:54 PM »
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:00 pm"
I've got two full-on year 'round fireworks shops a few miles away......I loooooove mortars.

I could tell you a wicked funny story about mortars.
Rob

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05 2006, 06:38:22 PM »
Waiting....... .............. ...
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05 2006, 10:27:54 PM »
A long time ago...
A friend gave me several commercial grade aerials.
There were 2 types: Crysanthemum (sp) a large flowering display,
                               and Flashing Salute A reallllly big BOOOOOOOM !
He said he had nowhere to set them off. Muh ha ha ha, I can take care of that.
So me and another friend got a piece of PCV pipe and buried it into the sand pit
behind his apartment complex.We set it for perfect trajectory. Wouldn't ya know, it was a flashing salute ! The cops showed up almost instantly like they could've been watching us. We booked ass into the nearby woods. onto a sidestreet, and walked back like nothing happened. One thing we overlooked was that My friend Jon had lived in the same apartment building. (you guys may remember me telling you
about when he passed away about 6 months or so ago.) Anyway, him being a veteran of both Korea and Vietnam, his first reaction was to dive under his desk.
Completely forgetting about his past, we go and knock on his door. He yelled for us to come in. He then told us what had just happened. Out of respect, we told him that we were responsible. After calling us assholes, he started laughing about it because
he saw the cops go after us. So we told him that we had some more. He said cool, just warn him first, because he wanted to watch.So after things cooled down a bit, we went back to the pit. Damn cops had dug up the PCV pipe and thrown it down the hill. So we put it back ! This time we sent up a crysanthemum. We could see the cops already on their way in undercover vehicles. So we ran back into the woods
and up the street. The timing couldn't have been any better. The towns fireworks
had just ended and people were walking home in droves. We simply mingled into the crowds while the cops aimlessly searched for us. My friend Jon thought it
was awesome !  :supz:
Rob

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05 2006, 10:59:30 PM »
cool story.  We use to live next to a Veteran, and Bryan's old Lawn mower use to backfire when he shut it off and when it backfired, our poor neighbor would hit the ground........ ....everytime. ........poor guy...  (I know it does not have anything to do with fireworks).
Donna

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05 2006, 11:00:45 PM »
cool story.  We use to live next to a Veteran, and Bryan's old Lawn mower use to backfire when he shut it off and when it backfired, our poor neighbor would hit the ground........ ....everytime. ........poor guy...  (I know it does not have anything to do with fireworks).
Donna

Offline Dragonational

• Turbo Street Stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11 2006, 04:07:10 PM »
well this year i did my every 4th of July display of fireworks.  200 dollars worth of fire and fun.... until i started to drink and set them off in the street.  I set up a few and they went off with out a hitch.  I put down the grand finally that my son picked out... the Jack in the Box, lots of sparks and stuff you know the kind.  I light the thing and it starts going off it has these little pauses in between the different spark shows, well in one of the pauses a car desides to come down my dead end road.  well the next set of sparks and showers goes off when he ran it over.  the car cleared the top of the firework so it just shot the sparks and stuff all over the bottom of this dudes car.  Me being the kind of guy i am wait for the guy to stop and then he got out of the car and started yeling at me like it was my fault he ran it over.  Since my son was outside I descided to not make a scene about it and i havent heard anything from him yet so i guess there was no damage.  other then that i had a good ol time with the first part of the show.
i like burnouts they smell good

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11 2006, 04:56:15 PM »
Inattentive driving. Sue him for ruining your grand finalle lol
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal