Author Topic: Did anyone see last nights VH1 Honors?  (Read 17754 times)

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Did anyone see last nights VH1 Honors?
« on: June 01 2006, 01:29:32 PM »
I was so dissapointed in Kiss,  Bryan thinks that they should hang it up....I cant believe it.  Judas Priest rocked like always.
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01 2006, 01:44:42 PM »
No, I missed it.  Priest rules.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

DCEPTCN

Re: Did anyone see last nights VH1 Honors?
« Reply #2 on: June 01 2006, 02:47:25 PM »
Priest Rules especially if you're talking about their Painkiller album.....that disc is the epitome of old school metal. I love it.

Kiss, on the other hand........da mn, I wish their plane would just crash already. You know you suck when you've become an imitation of yourself.

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01 2006, 02:55:37 PM »
I still am in shock over it....I have to say I think it is time for them to hang it up....they just were not them......it was sad.  I swear that Gene was PO'd after there performance last night....becau se they were not getting the cheers like Judas Priest got.......I swear, Judas Rocked last night!  It was like I was seeing them again Live...
Donna

DCEPTCN

« Reply #4 on: June 01 2006, 03:10:49 PM »
Kiss, Metallica, U2, Rolling Stones, Rush....yeah, there are plenty of bands out there who really oughtta just...well, pack it up and get gone. Oh, ACDC is another wonderful example. How stupid is the average person out there to not realize that ACDC has been writing the SAME FUCKING SONG over and over again for what, about 30 years now? Jeez.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01 2006, 10:51:12 PM »
How many retirement tours have Kiss done anyway ? I've heard that they're
not very consistant, but they sounded good when I saw them with Aerosmith a couple years ago. Paul Stanley's voice was amazing that night.
I can't wait for Rush's next CD to come out. I'll admit that some of their stuff didn't do it for me, but I'm still eager to hear their new stuff.
Metallica is also known to be inconsistant.  They did a show here about 5 years ago that got horrible reviews. Again, they were good when I saw them (And justice for all tour FWIW)
Rob

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01 2006, 11:20:42 PM »
I agree about Kiss....out of all the concerts I have seen, I have NEVER seen Kiss....the last two times they were in Chicago, I was pregnant  and then the time b4 that I was out of town....I think last night really proved that they need to wrap it up.........but damn, Judas Priest was AMAZING! :supz:

Another good band to see in concert is Iron Maiden....I went with a couple of friends and they sounded excellent LIVE!
Donna

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01 2006, 11:27:24 PM »
I'd love to see Maiden. The last time they were around here was on Ozz Fest, and they got a raw deal. I got their first album back in the late 70's. It had
Paul DiAnno (sp?) singing on it.It was far from mainstream at the time.
My brother worked at a gas station at the time, and there was a record company
exec that used to go there and give new albums as tips. My brother seldom ever kept any of them, so I'd get them. :supz: When Number of the beast came out , I bought it without even hearing it.
Rob

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01 2006, 11:30:51 PM »
Number of the beast is a good one! I also like "Live after Death"
Donna

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01 2006, 11:34:15 PM »
Quote from: "TSM Girl @ Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:30 pm"
Number of the beast is a good one! I also like "Live after Death"

They all kick ass, but if I had to pick a favorite it'd be Piece of mind. :supz:
Rob

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01 2006, 11:36:09 PM »
I forgot to mention. A real live one, A real dead one are two discs that are always in the changer of my GN ! :psix;
Rob

Offline Racer X

• Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotrodbuick.com
« Reply #11 on: June 01 2006, 11:42:32 PM »
KISS was the first concert I ever went to. August 12, 1978 at the Los Angeles Forum and they recorded KISS Alive 2 that night. Good show.

I have seen Iron Maiden quite a few times and they put on a kick ass show! The thing that I noticed right off is that Bruce Dickenson really likes to connect with the audience. Making eye contact, pointing and smiling, etc... Never seen another front man do that before or since.

I have seen Judas Priest countless times as well and they have a great show. Now, Halford is the exact opposite of Dickinson. He never makes eye contact with ANYTHING!  :rofl; Awesome shows though.

Essentially, a good show requires good music that is played well (and on time) with some showmanship for the people in the last row. George Lynch is among the worst at this. I love his playing, I think the guy can play his ass off, but on stage he just stood there all night. (insert yawn here).

Metallica's show was okay. They have some great music, but I have seen that act before. Mind you, Metallica is an All-Timer for me.

Next question...
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01 2006, 11:55:19 PM »
That surprises me about George Lynch, I figured that
he'd be a mad man. He was one of the top 80's era guitarists IMHO.
I think he got burned out on the whole thing though. Last I heard he was
heavilly into mountain biking and stuff.
Rob

Offline ledzeppac

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02 2006, 03:17:47 AM »
I saw the show... KISS can kiss my fucking ass they have always sucked balls. Bubble gum pop

Priest kicks ass but Halfred is showing his age... or maybe the aids has set in.... I dunno

I want to see Maiden too

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02 2006, 09:46:58 AM »
Quote from: "Racer X @ Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:42 pm"
KISS was the first concert I ever went to. August 12, 1978 at the Los Angeles Forum and they recorded KISS Alive 2 that night. Good show.

I have seen Iron Maiden quite a few times and they put on a kick ass show! The thing that I noticed right off is that Bruce Dickenson really likes to connect with the audience. Making eye contact, pointing and smiling, etc... Never seen another front man do that before or since.

I have seen Judas Priest countless times as well and they have a great show. Now, Halford is the exact opposite of Dickinson. He never makes eye contact with ANYTHING!
Donna

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal