Author Topic: Still looking for a Rebel  (Read 10729 times)

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Still looking for a Rebel
« Reply #15 on: March 27 2016, 01:11:39 PM »
Kinda like fools gold Gary. Still not worth anything today. :rofl:

Having worked in a couple of gold mines I can tell you where there is fools gold, there is a chance of real gold being close by.  But that being said, where ever there is quartz you can count on the highest percentage of gold being found.

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27 2016, 01:13:57 PM »
I like the look of that car, reminds me of an old Plymouth maybe a Fury even Road Runner a bit.
Of course I'm just going from memory so heck I could be way off!!
Got a bit of the old look 69 Coronet RT too that I had for a while. That was a rare car with the Hood scoops & side scoops.

Reminds me of this..

« Last Edit: March 27 2016, 01:18:44 PM by Forzfed »

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27 2016, 02:06:26 PM »
Exactly I knew it was a Plymouth!  :rock:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31 2016, 11:00:49 PM »
Just got back from Ohio, brought the Rebel with me. Didn't drive it yet but it sounds good. It's a  daily driver, a little  better than a 20 foot car. A good paint job, no rust. Rebuilt 360. Nice interior. And of course,  vacuum wipers.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01 2016, 08:44:35 AM »
Just got back from Ohio, brought the Rebel with me. Didn't drive it yet but it sounds good. It's a  daily driver, a little  better than a 20 foot car. A good paint job, no rust. Rebuilt 360. Nice interior. And of course,  vacuum wipers.
Glad you got it!!!!!
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline larrym

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01 2016, 01:02:26 PM »
yes more pics and info once you get a chance  :D
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #21 on: April 01 2016, 06:34:18 PM »
Beautiful car!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01 2016, 06:42:04 PM »
I put some pics on FB with my GoPro. They didn't tun out so good, tomorrow I'll do some with my wife's Canon. I'm a member of AMO, an AMC club, because of my Eagle. My first car was a 67 Lemans I totalled when I was 17. My dad had this 67 Rebel he bought to resell. He said if I get it running, I could use until I find another car. In the mean time a 442 came in at a local car lot dad bought most of his cars from. He wanted me to check it out and see if I liked it. Freakin 69 442 ragtop, who wouldn't like it? So I took out a 1,700 loan and bought it. Call it mid life crisis or whatever, last 5 years or so I've been wanting to add to our racing. Thomas drive the GN, I get a Rebel, drop in a 440 with a Procharger and drive it to the track. As life moves on, I all but gave up finding a Rebel. I've met up with so many people that are clueless about selling a car. From not even washing it, to trash all over the floor, paint that looks like from a spray can. Than they get pissed and insulted when I offer below what they are asking. I've been looking long enough, I know what a good sale looks like.
Last week I get my AMO magazine, go to the classified and this Rebel comes up. I'm thinking: not another disappointment . I shoot him an e-mail, confirms it still for sale. His wife is in a nursing home and he needs to sell it. We got enough of a ball park offer together, I get the Topkick out of mothballs, call a couple buddies and head to Dayton Ohio, 600 miles one way. I get stuff situated at the shop, head out 10:00 AM Wed., hit the closest hotel 7:00 PM same day
Between 7 Wednesday and when we hit the road 11:00 AM Thursday was pretty much chaos. Nonetheless, came home with  the car.
78,000 original miles, OK repaint job, 68 hours on the engine (ask me how I know), automatic on the column, 4bbl, drum no power brakes.
Unloaded it this morning and discovered it was a cold hearted bitch. I couldn't keep it running, two footing it  backing out of trailer and biffed the right side "bullet" and broke the antenna. Went 1,200 miles and screw up in the parking lot!!!

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01 2016, 08:43:37 PM »
Not screwing it up, adding to the story of how it was acquired.
Looks like a nifty ride. You'll never see another like it at the track unless you are at a national event. My mother grew up near Kenosha so I've seen a lot of odd ball stuff from that factory. My uncle was into Studebaker.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05 2016, 05:45:10 PM »
AMC dealer was around the corner from the high school. A few of the guys were go-fers and purchased at big discounts. We had a couple of new gremlins, javelins etc in the school parking lot beside my beat 69 skylark. They still make me smile. Happy for you!
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #25 on: April 06 2016, 12:04:03 AM »
Who's from kenosha? I lived in racine for a while.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06 2016, 09:37:33 AM »
My mothers family has a farm at the corner of hwy 38 and six mile road right by the county garage. They lease the land to the prohaska bros farm. They grew cabbage last i knew.

Our family has owned the land for over 100 yrs. They build the barns and out buildings by hand. They would go down to the lake to he rocks for the foundations. Their horse couldn't pull a full wagon up the steep shoreline so they filled the wagon ham full pulled it up unloaded it went back down loaded the other half load, back up, reload first half and went back to the farm. Funny how much work there is in manual labor .
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06 2016, 09:19:20 PM »
Congrats! Digging it!
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10 2016, 06:49:26 PM »
Got the Buick out today, finishing up the prep for this weekend. Thought you might like GN, Rebel, and now poor Eagle that has to be adopted.

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10 2016, 06:55:59 PM »
I took this next day when we got home. My truck and trailer did real well, but I was glad to be home.
« Last Edit: April 10 2016, 07:15:31 PM by Pyro6 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal