Author Topic: Steve-Need Your Low Gear Fueling Thots  (Read 6139 times)

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Steve-Need Your Low Gear Fueling Thots
« Reply #15 on: September 01 2015, 07:53:27 AM »
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php - don't know if they list your track, if not enter the numbers in.

2200ft to 2600ft D/A in the summer is normal here. 1000ft D/A is awesome in the spring/fall. Mine shaft air is rare and normally it's so cold that it turns the track into a skating rink.

I try to write the D/A on my slips so I can accurately compare them.

I know what my car should run in a given D/A - the only thing I can do to compensate for shitty air is to inject some atmosphere from my bottle. You've got a turbo to turn up! I see all sorts of guys come out in the summer and wonder why their car slows down
IhaveaV8

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01 2015, 04:17:26 PM »
Tuning around the weather is possible with boosted and nitrous cars.  I hate people with slowerthanthey shouldbe cars arguing/blaming DA; the LS-world is bad for this.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • RED-RETIRED EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01 2015, 04:55:21 PM »
I have a few ?
is this with race gas? I see no reference to fuel type
Dose this car hook good?
full weight car?
Is this your stock block 109?If so I see why it is faster with the 6262
What fuel pump  is feeding your 80s today
By the numbers you can get it down the track and adding timing did help the 60, with helps the ETs
can you post up your time slip?
You will get to a point that timing and fuel will peak,these are little air pumps and as  weather gets colder it will add power you just need it at the light,thats the 64thousand dollar ?

C16

The track has to be perfectly prepped for it to hook well. The 6.7 run last fall had the convertor flashing to 4000 at launch...and it went 1.5x.

The car has been lightened up. Weather permitting I'm gonna run it over the weigh scales on the 401 tomorrow morning on the way to work. If they haven't left them on...then I'm gonna run them over the CAT scales on the way home from work.

This is a COMPLETELY bone stock short block...with the exception of a 212/212 flat tappet cam. The heads are stockers...wit h large valves...and ported and polished by JB Racing in Montreal.

255 LPH pump...hotwire kit...Caspers volt booster...inje ctor hotwire kit

Check the IHADAV8 Playground for the thread Personal Best. Timeslip and pics are there.

Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • RED-RETIRED EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01 2015, 05:05:25 PM »
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php - don't know if they list your track, if not enter the numbers in.

2200ft to 2600ft D/A in the summer is normal here. 1000ft D/A is awesome in the spring/fall. Mine shaft air is rare and normally it's so cold that it turns the track into a skating rink.

I try to write the D/A on my slips so I can accurately compare them.

I know what my car should run in a given D/A - the only thing I can do to compensate for shitty air is to inject some atmosphere from my bottle. You've got a turbo to turn up! I see all sorts of guys come out in the summer and wonder why their car slows down

Jeremy. one of the Toronto guys...who's a bracket racer...has a Kestrel weather station. He keeps in touch with me via text and gives me all the vitals when I'm at the track.  :)
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal