Author Topic: track day!!!  (Read 10277 times)

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: track day!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 18 2014, 10:06:42 PM »
I kid about the tanning but my boss was wearing shorts the other day and it was 40'F.  We're suppose to be getting up to 60'F this week, everyone is pumped!

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18 2014, 10:22:03 PM »
When I was stationed at fort wainwright outside of Fairbanks, I once saw a guy washing his car, wearing shorts and a t shirt and it was 25 above with the sun shining
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Shimy87

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19 2014, 02:04:49 AM »
Had a great day at track. Best time was 12.500. Will post pic of slip with other info. Car has more in her but I wasnt aggressive on pulling fuel Out and ran out of test time. This run had O2 reading of 792 and zero knock. Time trials ended so I quit pulling fuel and just raced. Won first round, lost next :(  to a frickin mustang. Guy took forever at the tree, then rolled through and had to back up and restage. No excuse but it caught me off guard and when the tree finally dropped I was in my third round of building boost and having to let off and start over it caught me at about 4 lbs and I had nothing off the line.

With more practice and more tuning im sure next year I will get in the elevens
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • RED-RETIRED EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19 2014, 07:32:22 AM »
Congrats! You did well with street tires.  :)
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19 2014, 09:29:07 AM »
I hear ya on the practicing part. Why does there have to be different ways for the lights to drop. I thought I had a good handle on the sportsman version of the lights but then I was introduced to pro street lights. I do like the whole courtesy staging. Congrats on the 12.5!
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • RED-RETIRED EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19 2014, 09:44:10 AM »
The track will either be running a Pro or Sportsman tree. I haven't tried a Pro tree...and I don't think I want too. :D
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #21 on: October 19 2014, 09:50:12 AM »
Damn, that was really good for those tires!  Your car is really running well now!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19 2014, 10:54:29 AM »
Had a great day at track. Best time was 12.500. Will post pic of slip with other info. Car has more in her but I wasnt aggressive on pulling fuel Out and ran out of test time. This run had O2 reading of 792 and zero knock. Time trials ended so I quit pulling fuel and just raced. Won first round, lost next :(  to a frickin mustang. Guy took forever at the tree, then rolled through and had to back up and restage. No excuse but it caught me off guard and when the tree finally dropped I was in my third round of building boost and having to let off and start over it caught me at about 4 lbs and I had nothing off the line.

With more practice and more tuning im sure next year I will get in the elevens

He burned you down.

That protree you have to build the boost with the prestage light lit, then bump it to light the stage. Hard on a converter and trans brake. Much easier with a foot brake.

Nice run.

Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19 2014, 07:45:38 PM »
I am sure glad you finally found the problem with the boost and got to go to the track and make a good run on top of that.....:)
Steve Wood

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19 2014, 10:38:22 PM »
I kid about the tanning but my boss was wearing shorts the other day and it was 40'F.  We're suppose to be getting up to 60'F this week, everyone is pumped!

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/a9d6moj_460s.jpg
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20 2014, 10:51:52 AM »
Thanks guys!! In all got 14 runs in that day. First run was a 13.1, started leaning it down and mostly ran 12.7's. Attached is the best run in practice and the best run while racing, only got 3 races in as I still suck off the line  :rolleyes;  and got eliminated. I think from looking around I was one of the very few running street tires. I did line up with a challenger on street tires and beat him by 3 car legnths so that helped the moral a bit. most were leaving me bad off the line. I love racing anything, win or lose ( winning is better  :rock: ) so it was a great day, car keeps getting better. Like I said before, I think I can get an 11 out of her next year.

Thanks again for all the help and advice!!!
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20 2014, 11:55:19 AM »
If it had pulled a 1.7 short time,  you would have run a 12.0 so elevens are not far away....how much boost were you running?
Steve Wood

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20 2014, 12:53:17 PM »
25 lbs. Car held it right on 25 through out the runs. O2 recorded on that run was 792 at 110mph and 0 KR. I could have pulled more fuel but that was my last run before racing. I dialed in at 12.5 and wanted to duplicate that run while racing but couldnt.

It still pushed a very tiny amount of oil out the dipstick tube, it would leave spots on the plug wires and on the outside of the tube. I just wiped it off with a napkin after each run and it never got worse.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20 2014, 02:06:52 PM »
turn it up one pound and that will probably nail the fueling
Steve Wood

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21 2014, 04:10:51 PM »
That is a pretty good time with that 60ft!  And like Steve said, especially with those tires. :rock:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal