Author Topic: Trip to the warmer southwest  (Read 20698 times)

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Trip to the warmer southwest
« Reply #60 on: March 27 2014, 10:16:25 AM »
My BG experience is not complete without a few trips to "Smokey Pig". Mmmmmmm
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
is that what they are calling the strip club now? Interesting...
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27 2014, 06:36:25 PM »
First, we're Texans, not southerners. :013: Gary and Ray made it and I knew we were in trouble when they called because they couldn't figure out how to get out of the parking lot at the car rental. :rofl: This is gonna be fun but I hope they don't decide to go exploring or I may have to get the state troopers to find them. :O
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27 2014, 08:54:19 PM »
First, we're Texans, not southerners. :013:

Crap--- Charlie got insulted and I missed it?  :player:

Gary and Ray made it and I knew we were in trouble when they called because they couldn't figure out how to get out of the parking lot at the car rental. :rofl: This is gonna be fun but I hope they don't decide to go exploring or I may have to get the state troopers to find them. :O

Mt Joy is a pretty small town, heard they got 'lectricity now tho!
:)
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 29 2014, 11:27:15 AM »
I'm expecting plenty of pix posted of the event. I wont be able to attend this year but hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable event.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30 2014, 12:21:26 AM »
Here's the pics I've got and I'm sure Gary will post some when he gets home. Met a lot of guys and a few gals that were fun and helped a few newbys out. Overall it was a lot of fun and I hope we get to do it next year. :rock: The motley crew from left to right is, Gary, Me, My friend Greg, Ray, and Jason, which we just met. Gary coached him on how to launch and bracket race for the first time. With Gary's help Jason dropped .2 off his times and if he had pedaled just a little slower wouldn't have broken out of his bracket. :(
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 30 2014, 10:11:43 AM »
Awesome, looking forward to more pix and commentary.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 30 2014, 10:57:41 AM »
Well I'll load a few more to help out. Since it wasn't exclusively a Buick event other cars showed up as well. the back of the chevy is what a lot of guys saw because it wasn't even close to stock. He never opened the hood but my guess is an LS engine with either a turbo ro centrifical supercharger under the hood. It was surprisingly fast and won quite a few races. I also thought I'd give the yankees and idea of what passes for a smoker down here. :cheers: The smoker's in front and the shop's in the background with the truck as a size reference. :rock: And here's Gary and Ray Friday night just as we finished dinner. The leftovers were taken to the track so we could snack on them the whole day. BTW, I think Gary's getting used to a little spicy food since eating some of mine. He only choked a few times on the cheddar and jalapeno hot links and even ate 1 of the jalapeno pickles. He did say the his mouth went numb after the pickle but he ate another hotlink at the track so I think he might like them now. :rofl:

Offline TRICKSIXPA

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Shiny Parts Addict!
    • View Profile
Trip to the warmer southwest
« Reply #68 on: March 30 2014, 08:07:32 PM »
Looks like you fellas had a good time. Looks like a nice little track to go to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't care What Congress does as long as they don't do it on the streets and scare the kids!!

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 30 2014, 10:35:18 PM »
It was a small track but after our races were over the "locals" started coming in for their races. It still had a friendly feeling to it and nothing major happened other than one guy dumping water on the track as he was going down it. :icon_evil:

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31 2014, 07:08:16 PM »
I really didn't want to come back to PA!!! I had a fantastic time, relaxed, ate, drank, gotta speeding ticket, missed my 1st flight connection, played pool, checked out some goats, went to the races, and than ate some more. Got lost and turned the car around alot. Rob, Charlie was an awesome cook, wasn't his first day BBq'n. And oh, now I say "y'all" whenever I can. Stefan, the track reminded me of 75-80. Charlie has more goats than neighbors, they are interesting little creatures. All kidding aside, we got there Thursday, ate supper at the Resort after Charlie got off work. Great filet wrapped in bacon. Shot the breeze til bout ten. Sacked out. Friday, slept in, went to breakfast @ 9 or so. Didn't do a damn thing til Charlie got off work @4. We pigged out as the pics show, Ray ran out of gas @8, so we went back to the Resort, we had a big day planned Sat anyway. Got together for breakfast at 9, headed to the track @10:30. Great time at the races and the Lone Star club was a great bunch. Jason had some questions on bracket racing and we worked together to get him familiar with the sport. He broke out first round, I took the blame, I gave him way to much room, I think a 12.73 dial on a12.68 on the brakes. He was picking up where I thought he would drop off. The track stayed good and the air was perfect. No excuse but my bad for not knowing his car and the days weather. Everybody had me spoiled, very nice people from the Club, and all the people back at the Resort. Final note, keep in mind, Charlie, Ray, and I didn't even meet until last week, and I swear we laughed from Thursday until Sat like we knew each other for years. Not Sunday though cause I was bummin, wanted to stay just a little longer. Well the Arlington police were nice too and saw that I left a small donation before leaving Texas. They bid me farewell too, y'all.

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 31 2014, 08:37:45 PM »
LOL Was very happy to have you down here Gary and I hope this happens again next year so we can get more to join it. BTW, my phone took a crap yesterday so I need you to call me. I hate when things like this happen. :013:

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #72 on: March 31 2014, 09:01:55 PM »
Glad you had a good time!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31 2014, 09:06:34 PM »
I raced on this track in the Sixties...:D  it looks the same now as it did then.  We used to also go to Prairie Hill which was in the middle of a cotton field...saw Don Garlits run in the high 8's spinning the tires all the way....

these little tracks are hard to beat for atmosphere and a good time....

Glad you broke Gary in on real BBQ....those links sound delicious!!
Steve Wood

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 31 2014, 09:16:14 PM »
Had a friend that won a lot of trophies with a 'baker back in the sixties...
Steve Wood

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal