Author Topic: Damn Jackson  (Read 4108 times)

DCEPTCN

Damn Jackson
« on: December 05 2005, 02:56:26 PM »
I'm a little frustrated. Lemme 'splain:

My dream guitar has always been a custom Jackson Rhoads. Well, until I've got SEVERAL grand laying around, that ain't gonna be happening. The next best would be just a regular USA RR1 Rhoads....but even those are around $3K. So, I got a plan.....I figured I'd get an RR3 Rhoads ($524) and swap out parts until I made it the way I want it.....y'know- EMG 81's, Floyd Rose, black hardware and a custom neck. So, I made the phone call this weekend to get a price on a custom neck from Jackson and was told straight out, "no way". I'm told that they will not put their name on just a piece...only an entire guitar due to the concern of counterfeiting . He said, "Anybody could take a Jackson neck and bolt it onto a POS Peavey and then Jackson looks like a bunch of chumps". Man, what the hell am I gonna do now? All I want is a Jackson maple neck, bound ebony fretboard and both the sharkfin inlays and Jackson name on the headstock to be in deep candy blue....and I'm willing to pay a few hundred bucks for it. This sucks. He even went on to say that *sometimes* you'd be able to get Jackson to work with ya on stuff like this back in the good ol' days, but now that Fender owns them there's no chance, 'cause Fender "crosses their arms at ANYTHING unorthodox".

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
Re: Damn Jackson
« Reply #1 on: December 05 2005, 03:45:09 PM »
Dude, you're fucked.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
Damn Jackson
« Reply #2 on: December 05 2005, 05:27:31 PM »
Yup, to get a replacement neck at Fender you need to send in the old neck, whether it's burned or broken or what. But, you do have one option, Warmoth gutars who can build you a neck far superior to anything Fender or Jackson will give you.

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=jackson_warmothpro

And they do have the shark fin inlays, custom option.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Re: Damn Jackson
« Reply #3 on: December 05 2005, 05:32:55 PM »
Oh, and I dig his white pinstriped V myself.  :supz:

DCEPTCN

Damn Jackson
« Reply #4 on: December 05 2005, 05:49:23 PM »
Quote from: "87natty @ Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:27 pm"
Yup, to get a replacement neck at Fender you need to send in the old neck, whether it's burned or broken or what. But, you do have one option, Warmoth gutars who can build you a neck far superior to anything Fender or Jackson will give you.

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=jackson_warmothpro

And they do have the shark fin inlays, custom option.
The guy I spoke to had recommended Warmoth and I'm considering them.....but I really want the Jackson logo. I'm looking into sending the wholoe damn guitar to Jackson if need be. We'll see.

Offline ledzeppac

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
Damn Jackson
« Reply #5 on: December 05 2005, 07:54:11 PM »
While we are on guitars I missed an oportunity to buy the '95 Jimmy Page Signature Les Paul for 2 grand and now they are worth, last time I saw, 10 grand.....  oops

Ok back to the Jackson issue

DCEPTCN

Damn Jackson
« Reply #6 on: December 06 2005, 11:22:38 AM »
Quote from: "ledzeppac @ Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:54 pm"
While we are on guitars I missed an oportunity to buy the '95 Jimmy Page Signature Les Paul for 2 grand and now they are worth, last time I saw, 10 grand.....

Offline ledzeppac

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
Damn Jackson
« Reply #7 on: December 06 2005, 12:57:37 PM »
no no the original one I havn't seen them in years.

Offline ledzeppac

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
Damn Jackson
« Reply #8 on: December 06 2005, 01:00:19 PM »
ok well there is one on ebay.  but maybe the price has sank.....    There was a time when they were going for 8-10K.  It was about the same time when Guitar Center cut their contract with Gibson....

Offline ledzeppac

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
Damn Jackson
« Reply #9 on: December 06 2005, 01:00:37 PM »
ok well there is one on ebay.  but maybe the price has sank.....    There was a time when they were going for 8-10K.  It was about the same time when Gibson cut their contract with Cuitar Center....

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Damn Jackson
« Reply #10 on: December 06 2005, 02:03:53 PM »
Wasn't there an Epiphone edition as well? I think I remember that guitar, it had a honeyburst job and push/pull pots right?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal