Author Topic: I concur completely..if not more so  (Read 15070 times)

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: I concur completely..if not more so
« Reply #30 on: February 18 2011, 10:29:54 AM »
Quote from: "stevemon @ Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:20 am"
Rather than the Muslims themselves being the immediate threat to our way of life, I believe the larger threats are those who refuse to acknowlwdge the coming assault on the West by radical Islam. Most Liberals go overboard with political correctness which I can only take as appeasement. Something the UKs Chamberlin tried with Hitler. We know how that turned out.

"The appeaser feeds the crocodile in the hope that it will eat him last" - Winston Churchill

Thanks for putting it back on track!  I wish I could have said it half as well!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18 2011, 11:09:54 AM »
Quote from: "stevemon @ Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:20 am"
Rather than the Muslims themselves being the immediate threat to our way of life, I believe the larger threats are those who refuse to acknowlwdge the coming assault on the West by radical Islam. Most Liberals go overboard with political correctness which I can only take as appeasement. Something the UKs Chamberlin tried with Hitler. We know how that turned out.

"The appeaser feeds the crocodile in the hope that it will eat him last" - Winston Churchill

Its already happening in Europe & they have some real issues to work out now.
I just hope North America learns from what they are seeing happen.
The Mosque at Ground Zero is a small sign of the times & the people calling the shots better wake up!
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline tb3

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18 2011, 11:33:42 AM »
i agree with you stevemon. but its just that I'm already past the point of worrying about the liberals. I see it as a done deal. we're just infested with way too much stupid and lazy at this point in time.  multiculturali sm is killing the west. very very sad thing to say, but I believe it's true.  
and I'm not just looking at it from a Midwestern point of view. I'm a pilot,(and not a airline pilot, as in, stay the night in a hotel and fly back next day) and have been alot of places in this world, and have seen some things that would scare the crap outta most of us Americans if they knew how bad we're hated. and its not cause where "just plain mean", if you get my drift
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18 2011, 05:00:48 PM »
How about since everybody hates us anyway, we stop being the Police and babysitters. Next time another country falls prey to itself, our reply might be: figure it out among your selves, don't come crying to us. It just seems the American taxpayers continually finance one global crisis after another and get zero appreciation in return. Now our finances are in ruins and where do we turn? China, India, Thailand? Hell no. That's where our jobs are. I still say, the day the Towers came down we should have put a message out: all Americans have a week to come home, we're closing the borders till everybody gets their shit together.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
I concur completely..if not more so
« Reply #34 on: February 18 2011, 05:21:44 PM »
I cannot disagree with that
Steve Wood

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18 2011, 07:50:19 PM »
Pyro6 I agree. Time for us as the US & Canada to take care of each other & Screw the rest when they don't even Appreciatte the help anyways. We are much smaller here but the $$$ & Lives are still way too high IMO.
Between us we have ALL we need for resourses but the problem is GREED & the % of people that Care less except for the $$$$  :pissed;   :mad;
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19 2011, 02:23:45 AM »
Quote from: "tb3 @ Fri 18 Feb, 2011 10:33"
i agree with you stevemon. but its just that I'm already past the point of worrying about the liberals. I see it as a done deal. we're just infested with way too much stupid and lazy at this point in time.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline tb3

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19 2011, 11:39:04 AM »
uhh... you've totally lost me here charles :bigeyes;  
no more posting while drunk  :smt018
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19 2011, 12:20:23 PM »
Quote from: "tb3 @ Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:39 am"
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19 2011, 01:34:52 PM »
Quote from: "Just a Six? @ Sat 19 Feb, 2011 11:20"
Quote from: "tb3 @ Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:39 am"
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline $1987 GN$

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21 2011, 12:20:46 AM »
Quote from: "Zap @ Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:42 am"
3.Throughout the 1970s I had been mainly studying black holes, but in 1981 my interest in questions about the origin and fate of the universe was reawakened when I attended a conference on cosmology organized by the Jesuits in the Vatican. The Catholic Church had made a bad mistake with Galileo when it tried to lay down the law on a question of science, declaring that the sun went round the earth. Now, centuries later, it had decided to invite a number of experts to advise it on cosmology. At the end of the conference the participants were granted an audience with the pope. He told us that it was all right to study the evolution of the universe after the big bang, but we should not inquire into the big bang itself because that was the moment of Creation and therefore the work of God. I was glad then that he did know the subject of the talk I had just given at the conference -- the possibility that space- time was finite but had no boundary, which means that it had no beginning, no moment of Creation. I had no desire to share the fate of Galileo, with whom I feel a strong sense of identity, partly because of the coincidence of having been born exactly 300 years after his death! [Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time (New York: Bantam, 1988), pp. 115-16.]

For a moment there I thought you were a theoretical physicist . . .  

AJ___

Offline Zap

• PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24 2011, 10:03:21 PM »
Having not been raised in a religious household, thereby avoiding indoctrination (commonly referred to as "faith"), I will maintain that there is still little to no difference between the Christian faith and the Muslim faith, and little to no difference between the Christian and Muslim mindset.

What we generally find, however, is a significant difference between the governments of those Christian dominated countries versus those Muslim dominated countries. SECULAR Governments, formed under the rule of law, with equal protection for all, will not allow the absurdities that we see elsewhere.

Admittedly, while many Muslims would like to see sharia law imposed, many Christians also admittedly howl their disapproval when the ten commandments are, god forbid, removed from public display. I do believe the founding fathers knew what they were doing, you know, with the separation of church and state thing.

I would well assume that a solid majority of the Muslim world sees the actions of those hijackers, the ones who rammed the planes into the WTC, as nothing more than idiotic; every bit as idiotic, in fact, as the majority of the Christian world views those who would, in the name of god, bomb abortion clinics.

While many in the middle east refer to the United States as "The Great Satan," I have seen and heard many Christians refer to the Muslim religion as the "Devils religion," or worse. Neither side can see the forest for the trees.

Little breeds as much zealotry as religious beliefs, so rational argument and civil debate tend to go flying out the window, rendering contrasts and comparisons fruitless.

To me, any worship of a supreme being or deity is absolute foolishness, and I have seen little, over my lifetime, that would suggest any modifications of said opinion shall be forthcoming. I also reserve the right to poke fun at such people who do worship such a deity or supreme being, and, in so long as they continue to afford me the presumptuous assurance of my own ultimate damnation (should I refuse to follow their particular set of rules and rituals), I shall probably exercise my constitutional right do so.

While the existence of a supreme being is certainly open to debate, the rationality of religion is, in my view, not privy to such argument.

While some my find great comfort in religion, I find great fear and discomfort, no matter the guise. A religion is a religion, and a religious mindset is a religious mindset. Some will use it for good, some will use it for bad, and some just don't know the fucking difference. Those are the ones to fear.

I simply don't believe that there are vast Muslim hordes, patiently, or impatiently, awaiting their opportunity for world domination, no matter the plethora of propaganda that would purport to support such a theory. Of course, there is a threat, and it is real, and large, but it is certainly not universal. The riots taking place across the middle east seem to be for jobs and equality, not domination in the name of a particular god.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Booga Booga Booga! (chant for salvation).
You can't get sweet shit outta a sour asshole

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25 2011, 12:23:15 AM »
Well Zap, I was raise in a houshold with a (God forbid) Baptist mother and a Presbyterian father. We were not overly religious but my mother was a prude due to her up bringing. There's lots of matereal out there as far as the way a religion controls your life and I don't believe in churches but I do believe in God. I've seen the idiocy of the seventh day advertisers, the morons. assembly of the godless as well as others. It's not the beliefe in God that's the big issue but the way the religion perverts what ever message their belief system can tolerate. Intelegance and education are the key here.

I tried to initiate a discussion of creation on TB and never got one response because I pointed out that "God created the world in 7 days" as well as using "1000 years is but the blink of an eye to God" with mathmatical formula to prove that the earth was much older than the estimates of the creationist. I can post a link to the thread with all the calcs so someone can argue with me if they want. Fervent or zelots that follow the leaders of a religion without thinking are the biggest issue here and education really is the issue. :supz:

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25 2011, 12:36:41 AM »
I believe few in the western world, christian, or not, can understand the mindset of the muslims unless he has lived among them.
Steve Wood

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Steve Wood

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal