Author Topic: I concur completely..if not more so  (Read 15073 times)

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
I concur completely..if not more so
« Reply #15 on: February 16 2011, 09:14:42 PM »
Who remembers the last time that some one was threatened with death for publishing a picture of jesus?

I wonder how many are fool hardy enough to publish one of Mohammed?
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16 2011, 09:40:04 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Wood @ Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 pm"
It seems very popular for those superior beings, that have recognized that the entire idea of a god is ridiculous, to sneer at those that still believe.

What is really ridiculous is to equate modern day christianity with islam.
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Zap

• PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16 2011, 10:30:05 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Wood @ Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:14 pm"
Who remembers the last time that some one was threatened with death for publishing a picture of jesus?

I wonder how many are fool hardy enough to publish one of Mohammed?

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/story/tv-bosses-call-on-security-after-death-threats-over-daniel

http://cominganarchy.com/2008/03/10/jesus-defecation-poster-request/

http://celebrifi.com/gossip/Russell-Brand-received-death-threats-after-Jesus-joke-2586780.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

I could go on....

Christians are a few hundred years ahead of most Muslims in pretending to be civil, but many would be more than happy to burn heretics at the stake, given the chance, just as did the (fairly) recently beatified Thomas More.  I suspect that a god capable of creation, possessing an infinite knowledge and not suffering from a BIASED FORM OF TUNNEL VISION, would find religion a preposterous relic, no matter in which guise.

If that god is a loving god, then he would accept us all, no matter what, if he is not, then all the worshipping and ass kissing in the world is in vain. Logic, not superiority.
You can't get sweet shit outta a sour asshole

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16 2011, 11:09:58 PM »
I guess I am not up to date on the christian leadership that wishes to burn people at the stake in the 21st century.
Steve Wood

Offline Zap

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17 2011, 12:23:05 AM »
I'm sorry that you take it as a personal affront that some of us don't prescribe to a particular set of ethereal ideals, and am also sorry that you cannot (or will not) accept the "threatened with death" threats by those crazy Christians as legitimately equal to the "threatened with death" threats by those crazy Muslims, but did I mention something about tunnel vision?

I am also so very very sorry that I am not as acquainted with "modern Christian leadership" as are others.

Are they the people who blow up abortion clinics, or are those poor pilgrims only a bunch of misguided fools, doing their foolish work in the NAME of a religion? Thankfully (or thank god, if you're of such a mind), only the Christian religion is bothered by such lunatics!

I am so sorry, in fact, that I am going to say fifty "hail Marys" in your honor, thereby guaranteeing myself a stretch of glittering holy highway. I think I shall name it the "Heretic Expressway." It'll be a toll road, but the righteous will be privy to a monthly pass.

Hallelujah!

Offline Zap

• View Profile
Re: I concur completely..if not more so
« Reply #20 on: February 17 2011, 12:42:01 AM »
3.Throughout the 1970s I had been mainly studying black holes, but in 1981 my interest in questions about the origin and fate of the universe was reawakened when I attended a conference on cosmology organized by the Jesuits in the Vatican. The Catholic Church had made a bad mistake with Galileo when it tried to lay down the law on a question of science, declaring that the sun went round the earth. Now, centuries later, it had decided to invite a number of experts to advise it on cosmology. At the end of the conference the participants were granted an audience with the pope. He told us that it was all right to study the evolution of the universe after the big bang, but we should not inquire into the big bang itself because that was the moment of Creation and therefore the work of God. I was glad then that he did know the subject of the talk I had just given at the conference -- the possibility that space- time was finite but had no boundary, which means that it had no beginning, no moment of Creation. I had no desire to share the fate of Galileo, with whom I feel a strong sense of identity, partly because of the coincidence of having been born exactly 300 years after his death! [Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time (New York: Bantam, 1988), pp. 115-16.]

Offline stevemon

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
    • http://www.throttlebodys.com
« Reply #21 on: February 17 2011, 07:22:17 AM »
Are they the people who blow up abortion clinics, or are those poor pilgrims only a bunch of misguided fools, doing their foolish work in the NAME of a religion? Thankfully (or thank god, if you're of such a mind), only the Christian religion is bothered by such lunatics!

Blowing up an abortion clinic is against the teachings of modern day Christianity. Killing non believers, subjugation of women, etc is the teaching of "That Religion of Peace". What the murdering pedophile Mohammad wrote down 1200 years ago, the Muslims of today follow to the letter.
2004 Ford Ranger Edge Ext Cab
2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport 4WD, V-6
1986 GN - Sold
1989 TTA #10 - Sold
2006 Itasca Navion Motorhome

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17 2011, 08:05:55 AM »
Quote from: "stevemon @ Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:22 am"
What the murdering pedophile Mohammad wrote down 1200 years ago, the Muslims of today follow to the letter.

That is the root of the problem right there! Now granted, Not ALL Muslims are like this but a strong % of them are still hardcore in their beliefs. Even if they are not, they will become or act hardcore or they will be killed as quickly as a Christian would. The few good ones are between a Rock & a hard Place IMO? The ones in North America have NO Excuse to be scared of torture unless it's Dad killing daughter like up here a few times over the last 5 years.
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17 2011, 09:33:47 AM »
Quote from: "Zap @ Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:23 pm"
I'm sorry that you take it as a personal affront that some of us don't prescribe to a particular set of ethereal ideals, and am also sorry that you cannot (or will not) accept the "threatened with death" threats by those crazy Christians as legitimately equal to the "threatened with death" threats by those crazy Muslims, but did I mention something about tunnel vision?

I am also so very very sorry that I am not as acquainted with "modern Christian leadership" as are others.

I am so sorry, in fact, that I am going to say fifty "hail Marys" in your honor, thereby guaranteeing myself a stretch of glittering holy highway. I think I shall name it the "Heretic Expressway." It'll be a toll road, but the righteous will be privy to a monthly pass.

Hallelujah!

I don't take it as an affront... People will believe what they will believe.  I take that to be a basic right in this country

The original post in this thread referred to my concurrence with the dangers of legitimizing the beliefs of the muslim world today that are unchanged since the year 700 by placing them on human rights commissions, etc.

Any attempt to equate modern day christianity, atheism, buddhism, etc. with islam is simply ridiculous,and extremely ignorant in my opinion.

Attempts to equate the goals of islam as supported by millions across much of the world with an act of a nut that bombs an abortion clinic is not even in the same dimension.  I see no christian leadership supporting his actions.
Steve Wood

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17 2011, 03:45:29 PM »
Quote from: "Just a Six? @ Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:05 am"
Quote from: "stevemon @ Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:22 am"
What the murdering pedophile Mohammad wrote down 1200 years ago, the Muslims of today follow to the letter.

That is the root of the problem right there! Now granted, Not ALL Muslims are like this but a strong % of them are still hardcore in their beliefs. Even if they are not, they will become or act hardcore or they will be killed as quickly as a Christian would. The few good ones are between a Rock & a hard Place IMO? The ones in North America have NO Excuse to be scared of torture unless it's Dad killing daughter like up here a few times over the last 5 years.

David, I disagree to some extent.  It is my belief that a large percentage of the muslims in this part of the world were brought up to believe that they are superior to the rest of the world and they continue to hear that when they go to the mosque on friday.  Many of them appear to be well setttled into our society, but, I believe they will revert to their roots if and when the opportunity arises.

I think most of them keep the idea in the back of their heads and others are afraid to speak out against the extremists because they know they will die if the extremists gain more power than they currently have.

As you say, they have no problem in killing their daughters if they believe they have strayed.  Case going on in Arizona at the moment.  The father appears to be relatively successful, but, it matters not, his beliefs are his beliefs and far too many seem to be willing to let them apply sharia in recognition of their religion.  Some of these that are so concerned with muslim freedom of religion are the same that want to ban christians from their ceremonies.

I am biased because I spent too much time in the muslim world, I am sure.

I tend to believe that religion evolved from visitors to this world long ago, and if I had to choose one, it would be some church that practices the buddhists beliefs along with a pollination of jewish belief.

In other words, be kind to every living thing, but, cut their heads off if they are not kind to you.
Steve Wood

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17 2011, 06:54:10 PM »
Steve,
I guess I am swayed by the fact my good friend & foreman came from Iran but he has Never been to a Mosque that I ever heard of?? He just plain doesn't like religion but yet follows my beliefs that if you treat others well it will work out in the end.
BUT  I can agree with much of what is being said working with 10 of them for 1 year & seeing first hand that they can be Real Snakes in the Grass!!

Altho, as you said, Cross me Bad & I will do my best to Mess you up!
No excuse for that garbage in life. Live & let live, but stay out of my meal ticket & family!
That is the two things that will bring back the Craziness I had as a Teenager & I can play rough to! I just prefer to stay calm & mind my own business as much as possible.

I just hope the world stays calm another 50 years & then I'll be long gone!!
No wonder I never had kids! ;)
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17 2011, 08:47:11 PM »
rough world to have kids in at the moment...they may see some really hard times as the world goes bankrupt and fights for survival.

I was married to a Palestinian and she hated religion.  She thought it was the enemy of anyone seeking freedom.

She was way too educated to buy islam, for sure.

Once when living in Alice Springs, I came home to find two bicycles parked by my door on a day when it was around 115 degs.  I went in to find two Mormons drinking coke with her.  She said it was too hot for them to be out doing missionary work and told them they could come in as long as they were willing to talk about anything but religion.  I guess it was hot enuf to forego their mission for a cold coke.
Steve Wood

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18 2011, 12:39:14 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Wood @ Thu 17 Feb, 2011 19:47"
rough world to have kids in at the moment...they may see some really hard times as the world goes bankrupt and fights for survival.

I was married to a Palestinian and she hated religion.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline tb3

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18 2011, 09:11:31 AM »
doesn't matter if you believe in religion or not.  the muslims do, and are very hard core about it.  eventually, we're probably all  gonna have to choose a side if you want to survive.  the islamic faith is a very rapidly growing faith.  look at the numbers.  and probably most convert out of fear, imo.

i don't buy the "most muslims aren't extremist" either.  specially the ones here in the us.  what would a practicing muslim want to have anything to do with living under a govt like the united state?   unless...... hmm....

better wake up america
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline stevemon

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
    • http://www.throttlebodys.com
« Reply #29 on: February 18 2011, 09:20:24 AM »
Rather than the Muslims themselves being the immediate threat to our way of life, I believe the larger threats are those who refuse to acknowlwdge the coming assault on the West by radical Islam. Most Liberals go overboard with political correctness which I can only take as appeasement. Something the UKs Chamberlin tried with Hitler. We know how that turned out.

"The appeaser feeds the crocodile in the hope that it will eat him last" - Winston Churchill
2004 Ford Ranger Edge Ext Cab
2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport 4WD, V-6
1986 GN - Sold
1989 TTA #10 - Sold
2006 Itasca Navion Motorhome

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal