Author Topic: Mandatory Arabic Classes Coming to Texas Schools ? ? ?  (Read 6009 times)

Offline gbsean

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buickperfomancegroup.com
Mandatory Arabic Classes Coming to Texas Schools ? ? ?
« Reply #15 on: February 10 2011, 09:00:39 PM »
ok my 2 cents....durin g my English education we started history at the beginning...I loved history...I left England when I was 13 and we were only up to Columbus discovering America...but when I came to America in 8th grade we did not learn about world History until my Junior year of High School...It is funny that my social Studies and World history teachers actually came to my house and talked to my parents to get a different perspective... of coarse that would never happen today

Offline Zap

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10 2011, 09:32:20 PM »
Of course not, you don't live there anymore
You can't get sweet shit outta a sour asshole

Offline Jordan_J

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10 2011, 11:25:25 PM »
Quote from: "SuperSix @ Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:29 am"
Jordan - the main point you miss is that the Muslim brotherhood's plan is to take over the world, with their culture and ideals. I don't have to worry about Germans, Italians and definitely not the French organizing and killing Americans on our soil.
87 Turbo T - 4.1 484 block bored .030 over, Champion ported irons with ported intake, RJC power plate, Elgin 214/224 cam, 6776 turbo with RJC boost controller, stretched SLIC, 3\" THDP, Pypes dual exhaust, 4\" MAF pipe with 14\" K&N and Z06 MAF, 60# Mototrons, hot wired Walbro 340 with KB-BAP, Translator Gen 2 and Extender Extreme chip, Mike Kurtz built 200-4r, PPC 3200 stall, UMI upper and lower control arms, passenger side airbag, any hydroboosted.

20# Boost at 20* timing on 93 octane. No track times yet.

Alky install in progress.

DCEPTCN

Re: Mandatory Arabic Classes Coming to Texas Schools ? ? ?
« Reply #18 on: February 12 2011, 03:26:44 AM »
The Matterhorn was once a piece of Africa. Big fucking deal.

Anyway, I expect better from Texas...despit e it's smell it's a good, level-headed place. For the most part (I'm looking at you, Austin).

I am currently reading this book and I highly recommend it:

http://www.amazon.com/Patriots-History-United-States-Columbuss/dp/1595230327/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297499179&sr=1-1

Offline gn85

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Mandatory Arabic Classes Coming to Texas Schools ? ? ?
« Reply #19 on: February 17 2011, 12:29:32 AM »
I agree with a lot of what's been said here.

Making a language 'mandatory', I think is a big stretch from OFFERING it.  Sure, offering it will give students a rewarding opportunity to explore the possibility of learning other languages.  I know in my school, one of the pathways to graduation is to take a certain number of foreign language credits.  But that is not the only way to graduate.  Nor should it be.

I believe that students (AND PARENTS) should take more of an active role in determining what classes they should take to prepare them for college and/or their life's ambitions.  Of course, there are a number of courses that need to be taught and should be required.  But REQUIRING someone to take a course because of a government grant is just not right.  It's the governments way of control the populations behavior.  

Not everyone is cut out to speak a foreign language.  Just the same way as everyone is not cut out to work on cars.  But the gov'ts increasing involvement in the way people run their lives is leading to a nation of people who can't think and do for themselves.  Let people live their OWN lives.  Don't take away their cookies and replace them with carrots because some are getting too fat.  Let people learn on their own.  Let PARENTS raise their children.  Instead of having a generation of parents that expect teachers to raise the children.

I can see this simple post is developing into a tirade.  Just being in the school system and seeing how things are easily brings out my frustration with what's going on in our country.

/rant

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal