Author Topic: Dog, nope BIG puppy!  (Read 4406 times)

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Dog, nope BIG puppy!
« on: October 12 2008, 08:59:16 AM »
I guess I am a real softie. Since we have been living in Tennessee for the last two years, we have noticed a lot of "Stray" dogs that are out there. We have no animal control laws, nothing. There are always loose dogs that walk around our subdivision. When it is hot out I run out there and bring water etc. Then the dogs always leave. Yesterday, we went bike riding and this poor, which I thought was a dog followed us home. Well, when we got home and this dog followed us was all skin and bones and scared. He walked right up to my daughters and I. He was frightened, thin and dirty. I gave him food and water and has not left my driveway. (Yes, Bryan told me he would not leave, I thought he would like all the others, but this one was real thin).
 I already have a bassett mix who is "King" of the castle, well, Bryan calls him spoiled.  Anyway, I called the new shelter that just opened in the town next door, actually there grand opening is at the end of October and they told me that they are "full" and have no room for this dog. The Shelter asked me what kind of dog you think he is. To me he is cute, (typical girl answer)  Bryan, says he's Big and Eats alot (just joking, he did say that though lol) Bryan thinks he is Great Dane and Weimeraner (however you spell it). Basically, if the dog was on two legs, he would be a lot taller then me  :bigeyes;  He is a BIG boy. He is scared of Bryan and shakes, and runs away from him. He does not like leashes, he runs shaking.  Bryan and my parents think he is no older then "1" year, his paws are HUGE!
Well, I am now going to "Foster" this puppy, he is very young and BIG. He is eating and he is eating dog food with rice which the shelter said that is great because he will fill out and thicken out. The shelter is going to come over on Monday and give him shots and help me clean him up.  They told me to name it. I did not want to get too attached, but I guess I already am.  Bryan is big on history, my daughters want to name him cutie, Ruff, Buddy etc.  Bryan has named him...... "Heinrich".  I think it actually fits for some odd reason. I will post picture of him later.  
I just wanted to share this info with you guys that's all, because it makes me feel bad on how sad it is.  It reallys breaks my heart to see him in skin and bones because this morning, scared that I was going to go out there and see a dog in worse shape. I checked on Heinrich and he looked at me excited got up and waged his tale and I knew he was feeling better.   :supz:
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Re: Dog, nope BIG puppy!
« Reply #1 on: October 12 2008, 08:24:22 PM »
Here is a picture of him, he is doing much better, he is actually playing and running and chasing the kids.
Donna

DCEPTCN

« Reply #2 on: October 12 2008, 08:24:49 PM »
I stopped reading at "puppy".

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12 2008, 08:26:09 PM »
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ October 12th 2008"
I stopped reading at "puppy".

Yeah, ok.
Donna

DCEPTCN

« Reply #4 on: October 12 2008, 09:53:37 PM »
Actually, I had a dirty dirtbag whore of a girlfriend once who was a dirtbag and needs to die in the dirt that owned a Great Dane (German Mastiff) years ago. She had put off it's Parvo shots for a couple of months until she could afford it and the thing died a horrible death...turns out they are incredibly susceptible to Parvo, so get that checked. Just for the record, Parvo causes them to puke and shit copious amounts of blood until they die from it...I hope my ex gets Parvo.

Offline Zap

• Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12 2008, 11:10:45 PM »
Doggie looks like a Great Dane

No stray dogs around here, but on any given night I can look out back and see:

Cats
Raccoons
Opossums
Foxes
Flying Squirrels

They are some of my best neighbors. I wouldn't shoot any of them or harm them in any way. The rest of my neighbors on the other hand.....
You can't get sweet shit outta a sour asshole

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12 2008, 11:12:32 PM »
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ October 12th 2008"
Actually, I had a dirty dirtbag whore of a girlfriend once who was a dirtbag and needs to die in the dirt that owned a Great Dane (German Mastiff) years ago. She had put off it's Parvo shots for a couple of months until she could afford it and the thing died a horrible death...turns out they are incredibly susceptible to Parvo, so get that checked. Just for the record, Parvo causes them to puke and shit copious amounts of blood until they die from it...I hope my ex gets Parvo.

Dumb bitch. I think it's horrible.  This cutie, is pretty good. He is coming around more and more, he is now just starting to warm up to Bryan.. I know he was beaten.  The people from the shelter are coming out tomorrow and to test him and give him shots. I am hoping he will be ok, because Bryan and I have thought of that with the Parvo, worms, and whatever else he could have.  I know I am already hooked on this "little" guy. I am ready for the worse, but hoping for the best.  I can't stand to see his bones. To see a dogs hips and ribs and leg bones, and feel his skull that is bad. He was in bad shape.  Thannks for the info. I hope to know more tomorrow.
Frankee, on the other hand (my basset hound) wants no part of him and for now we are keeping Frankee away from Heinrich.
Donna

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12 2008, 11:21:38 PM »
Quote from: "Zap @ October 12th 2008"
Doggie looks like a Great Dane

No stray dogs around here, but on any given night I can look out back and see:

Cats
Raccoons
Opossums
Foxes
Flying Squirrels

They are some of my best neighbors. I wouldn't shoot any of them or harm them in any way. The rest of my neighbors on the other hand.....

Same here about the neighbors. We have also, Many dogs, Deer, Bobcats, and when we first moved here 2 years ago, brown bears.

Also, I must clear something up before my husband tells me again, since earlier I posted that Bryan said he looks like a Wieneraner (again not sure on spelling)feels that this dog is a Great Dane. My neighbor and mother said it looks like one in the face.  My father came over to see him for the first time and said and I quote, "Holy shit, that is a Great Dane, and he is F-ing big and I better be ready because after he is done growing we will be looking eye to eye.  :bigeyes;
Donna

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
Dog, nope BIG puppy!
« Reply #8 on: October 13 2008, 01:28:35 AM »
Keep him! Poor bastard went through enough, doesn't need any separation anxiety on top of that. A dog like that will only be eternally grateful for you helping him out. I should lock my dog out for a few days myself, teach her a lesson. Anyway, good looking out on helping a pooch, but I'd say keep him.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
Dog, nope BIG puppy!
« Reply #9 on: October 13 2008, 09:23:14 AM »
Good luck.  Be prepared for some massive turds.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Dog, nope BIG puppy!
« Reply #10 on: October 13 2008, 10:49:39 AM »
Quote from: "Top Speed @ October 13th 2008"
Good luck.
Donna

Offline Zap

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13 2008, 04:55:03 PM »
Eh, you are used to dealing with the big turds on this board.  :cool;
You can't get sweet shit outta a sour asshole

Offline Wrecked Em

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotairbuick.com
« Reply #12 on: October 13 2008, 08:57:32 PM »
Quote from: "Zap @ Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:55 pm"
Eh, you are used to dealing with the big turds on this board.

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
Dog, nope BIG puppy!
« Reply #13 on: October 13 2008, 09:03:08 PM »
Especially the one with the 24" head!
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13 2008, 09:43:15 PM »
TS - you are funny.  

We decided to keep the little guy. He is too cute and myself and the girls are going to take care of him, which means, I am.   I talked with the people tonight about just fostering him and the lady kept mentioning that she can just "put him down" if we do not want him.   :bigeyes;

I am going to take him to our vet tomorrow morning and get him checked out. Basically the shelter could not help because they have so many and she came out and told me that since he is already "big", he prob wont get adopted. I am not going to mess with fostering.

I have another little walking buddie again since my Bassett is too old and tired to walk with me.
Donna

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal