Author Topic: Van Halen Last Night  (Read 4343 times)

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Van Halen Last Night
« on: January 31 2008, 08:27:22 PM »
Well, we are home, and it was a good concert. I am a little disappointed in the concert because, 1) the music was louder then Dave and we could not hear him, then they kept playing with it, then Dave was louder then the music. 2) I think they are a great band, I still love them all, but in my opinion, this should be the last concert. 3) Dave was out of breath singing. He is still a good frontman and entertaining.  There are still a few cool things in the show which I shall not say because some of you guys will see when you go. Alex Van Halen still beats the shit out of his drums which were great for his solo.  Eddie did his "Eruption" for a solo, kind of disappointed in it.  Wolfie was still too shy with the audience and kept dropping pics on the floor and the crew had to keep giving him some throughout the show.   When they were all singing, you can tell Wolfie was out of sync.  Eddie kept having problems with his guitar being "plugged in".  He was tripping over it, pulling one cord out and plugging another one in.  Over all I was still glad to see them and I did.  The people were very entertaining to watch (as always).

Went back to the hotel after the show and as we were walking through the lobby of the hotel, we saw  Ky-Mani Marley (Van Halen's opening act). He was talking with people and seemed very tired. Very nice person to talk to, no we did not have the camera. He was explaining that David Lee Roth asked him to join the tour as opening act because David was a big fan of his father Bob Marley. Even though he sat in the lobby looking very tired and prob just wanted to enjoy the quiet and the peace, people still walked up to him and instead of being rude,  he did still talk to everyone. He is a very nice man. The funny thing is, when we arrived at the hotel yesterday before the show, I asked the front desk person if there were any "Special" guests staying and she just giggled and did not answer me. I thought Bryan was going to die when I asked because he said "I am sure they will not stay around here".    :rofl;  

One more thing for anyone who is going to this concert, I bought a t-shirt at the show and it said "2007" not 2008.  :mad:  It did not even have the city that we were in on the shirt.  So I just letting you know if you guys were to buy one.
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Van Halen Last Night
« Reply #1 on: January 31 2008, 08:36:48 PM »
I'll have to see what the shirts say when I see them in March. I'm surprised
that Eddie didn't have a wireless system instead of cords ??? I would've loaned him one if things are really that bad. I'm glad that DLR didn't appear like a drunken babbling rapper in a crypt keeper look alike contest...
Rob

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31 2008, 08:57:26 PM »
We did not understand why he had cords?  I have seen them many times and this was the first I have ever seen him with cords.  He could not keep it plugged in. Also, they are "dry" band now, not one drink on stage and no one was drunk.  Eddie did come out in the end playing Jump and had a cig hanging in his mouth (not lit) and then at the end dropped it on the floor and squished it.  Not sure If he was trying to say something about it or just still trying to quit.  

About the shirt thing, I am mad as hell because I did not go back in the line and bitch. Now I know why after the fact why people were walking back up there. I was just a little slow in thinking last night.  :rolleyes:  Just make sure you look at the shirts real good.
Donna

Offline kma697

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31 2008, 10:10:31 PM »
Well at least you got to see them! :mad:
DSR #420
89 TTA #602
89 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert.
03 Cobra

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
Van Halen Last Night
« Reply #4 on: February 01 2008, 09:34:30 AM »
Don't worry about the shirts.  In a couple of years 2007/2008 will be a blur anyway.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Van Halen Last Night
« Reply #5 on: February 01 2008, 01:03:59 PM »
Quote from: "Top Speed @ February 1st 2008"
Don't worry about the shirts.
Donna

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01 2008, 01:06:46 PM »
Quote from: "kma697 @ January 31st 2008"
Well at least you got to see them! :mad:

Yes, I was shocked as hell that I got these tickets and I am very appreciated of them,  but if you knew my husband, (Wrecked Em) you would understand! I wonder if Whiteblurr will jump in on this one.... :rofl;
Donna

Offline gbsean

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buickperfomancegroup.com
« Reply #7 on: February 01 2008, 10:29:04 PM »
going March 13th saw them with sammy few years back,,,stadium was empty

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01 2008, 11:11:15 PM »
Quote from: "gbsean @ Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:29 pm"
going March 13th saw them with sammy few years back,,,stadium was empty
I'll be seeing them 2 days before you. :rofl;
Rob

DCEPTCN

« Reply #9 on: February 02 2008, 07:47:04 PM »
I am *SO* not bagging on VH here, but you guys realize that you're seeing a band with one foot in the grave, right? I mean, aside from Pink Floyd, there aren't many bands that are very good 30 years or so after their prime. Although it pains me to admit it, the last couple of times I saw Fear Factory (my fave band ever) even *I* had a hard time getting into it because they all just seemed so tired of the act.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02 2008, 09:18:23 PM »
The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac still put on a good show after all the years.
Rob

DCEPTCN

« Reply #11 on: February 02 2008, 09:30:33 PM »
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:18 pm"
The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac still put on a good show after all the years.
Um....open a window and get some air there, buddy.

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02 2008, 10:50:14 PM »
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ February 2nd 2008"
Fleetwood Mac still put on a good show after all the years.

That is because the Welch Witch, "Stevie Nicks" is there!!!!! :supz:
Donna

DCEPTCN

« Reply #13 on: February 02 2008, 10:53:28 PM »
Quote from: "TSM Girl @ Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:50 pm"
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ February 2nd 2008"
Fleetwood Mac still put on a good show after all the years.

That is because the Welch Witch, "Stevie Nicks" is there!!!!! :supz:

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02 2008, 11:00:24 PM »
lol, stop that....she does NOT sound like a goat.  geez.. :rofl;
Donna

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal