Author Topic: Spiderman  (Read 4497 times)

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
Spiderman
« on: May 05 2007, 08:32:34 PM »
I killed this mofo last night...it was running tword my bed.

I saw it out the corner of my eye...for a split second I thought it was dust or dirt blowing from the fan. Then I came to reality that there aint no dust or dirt in here. lol, jumped up like a bitch and crushed him with fierce power. I hit him so hard that one of his legs dissapeared. Totally! I cant find that scrap piece of arachnid anywhere!

Not as cool as the scorpians round Jims house but the size of the spider makes up for that...its huge!
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
Spiderman
« Reply #1 on: May 05 2007, 10:03:17 PM »
Good kill!  Welcome back.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Spiderman
« Reply #2 on: May 06 2007, 02:07:15 AM »
Have you identified what kind of spider it was ?
Good Kill !  :rofl;
Rob

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06 2007, 12:03:04 PM »
The size of it, was it a Brown Recluse?  I killed my first one this weekend, It was in the bathroom, scared the hell out of me.
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Spiderman
« Reply #4 on: May 06 2007, 02:09:19 PM »
Thats about tied for the biggest Brown Recluse I've ever saw.

Creepy little fuckers!
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

DCEPTCN

« Reply #5 on: May 06 2007, 02:36:38 PM »
I ran over a bull snake this morning and didn't even know that I should photograph it. Sorry, I suck. When I lived in Mesquite, NV you had to be careful about leaving doors open 'cause scorpions would just run right in.

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Spiderman
« Reply #6 on: May 08 2007, 12:07:05 PM »
Quote from: "Be4u @ Sun May 06, 2007 1:09 pm"
Thats about tied for the biggest Brown Recluse I've ever saw.

Creepy little fuckers!

Yeah no SHIT! Bryan (wrecked) had to run to work at 11 at night, and I caught the little bastard myself and kept it in a container for Bryan when he got home, and when he did at 3 he told me it was.   Scared the crap out of me.  Oh yeah, Robert (be4u) we took a pict for you of somehting that we found in the yard a few weeks ago.....I will have to have Bryan post it.....
Donna

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
Spiderman
« Reply #7 on: May 10 2007, 08:48:05 AM »
La. Cautioned About Brown Widow Spiders

Email this Story

May 10, 7:56 AM (ET)

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Louisiana bug experts say the poisonous brown widow spider, a cousin to the well-known black widow, is increasingly being spotted in Louisiana.

The spiders are generally found in tropical areas but were reported along the Mississippi Gulf Coast last year.

Entomologists with the Louisiana State University AgCenter say the spiders likely migrated from Florida through commercial imports of plants, food, building materials, or furniture.

LSU entomologist Dennis Ring is advising Louisiana residents to wear gloves, long-sleeved shirts and long pants when working outdoors, especially in areas that don't get a lot of human activity.

Though less aggressive than the black widow, "its venom is more toxic than the black widow's," Ring said. "But it doesn't put out as much venom in its bite."

Ring says the brown widow can grow to 1 1/2 inches long. It is brown or grayish-brown instead of black and has a yellow-to-orange hourglass design on its underside, as opposed to the familiar red hourglass design on the black widow.

It also has black and white marks on the top of the abdomen and often has dark bands on its legs, he said.

Ring says the spiders are most often found in areas that haven't been disturbed, such as brush piles, wood piles and areas where hurricane debris has accumulated. They also can show up in crawl spaces, under chairs, in garbage can handles and under flower pots, eaves and porch railings, he said.

The Florida Department of Agriculture lists the most common symptoms of a widow spider bite as intense pain, rigid abdominal muscles, muscle cramping, malaise, sweating, nausea and high blood pressure. If untreated, symptoms usually last 3-5 days.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10 2007, 09:32:39 AM »
Thanks for the info Chris.....I guess they are pretty bad down here.  I wish Florida would keep them.   I found out through one of my neighbors yesterday, that the house down the street (house is only 1 year old) is Infested with them.- (EW) Hopefully they will stay on that side of the road!

My house has been sprayed, and I am on watch for the little bastards.  Me Woman, Kill Big Spiders... :rofl;
Donna

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11 2007, 02:36:21 AM »
Quote from: "TSM Girl @ Thu May 10, 2007 8:32 am"
Rob

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Spiderman
« Reply #10 on: May 11 2007, 08:30:16 AM »
LoL, Did you kill it b4 you cought it Donna? Little fuckers are fast.

There still cleaning up debris where I'm going to buy the land. RIGHT in front of the property theres a big pile of tree stumps and branches. Chris' news clipping isnt what I wanted to read...but at least I know what to watch for.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Spiderman
« Reply #11 on: May 11 2007, 09:12:42 AM »
Quote from: "Be4u @ Fri May 11, 2007 7:30 am"
LoL, Did you kill it b4 you cought it Donna? Little fuckers are fast.

There still cleaning up debris where I'm going to buy the land. RIGHT in front of the property theres a big pile of tree stumps and branches. Chris' news clipping isnt what I wanted to read...but at least I know what to watch for.

No, I scooped him up into a plastic "glad" container and sealed it with the lid, then shook the crap out of it.  So when Bryan got home from work he could look at it. I knew it was one when I looked at it. It is a very "Different" looking spider.  Then next morning, took it outside and let it out of the container and stepped on it.  He was dead.....

Buy some outside spray and spray your home, etc..if you kill the insects, the spiders will not go there....have to do it once a month I am told.
Donna

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11 2007, 09:18:10 AM »
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ Fri May 11, 2007 1:36 am"
Quote from: "TSM Girl @ Thu May 10, 2007 8:32 am"
Donna

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Spiderman
« Reply #13 on: May 12 2007, 02:51:39 PM »
OMFG! Not on Ihadav8!

The ONLY time I want to see some kickers like that is when there attached to a leg covered in fishnets! Showing boo'bees wouldnt hurt either.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12 2007, 04:08:28 PM »
Why do ya think I posted it.... :yawinkle:
Donna

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal