Author Topic: hey motorhead  (Read 4275 times)

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
hey motorhead
« on: July 09 2015, 09:19:33 PM »
...snip...

Reader David Danylyshyn writes:
Canada being, well, Canada, this is likely to get zero coverage up here, but each year, the best military shooters from the best shooting cultures in the world compete at Bisley, England…all the commonwealth countries, SAS, SBS, lots of American representation, the French Foreign Legion, etc. Usually about 1300 competitors in all. This is military-replicant shooting, with short range, long range, run-downs, quick-exposure, timed fire, etc. The top British shot is awarded the Queen’s Medal each year. These are not as hard to come by as the Victoria Cross, but still damned rare . . .

This year the top shot — that is to say, the best military rifleman in the world — was Afghanistan veteran and infantry Sergeant T. E. Danylyshyn, of the Canadian Scottish Regiment, of Victoria, British Columbia. That is to say, Tatyana Elizabeth Danylyshyn. Full disclosure: she’s my daughter.....

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/07/daniel-zimmerman/the-best-military-shooter-in-the-world-my-daughter/#comment-2192200
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
Re: hey motorhead
« Reply #1 on: July 09 2015, 11:01:56 PM »
Very cool article - I've trained a few troops who have gone to participate at Bisley.  I hope my girls end up better shots than me; although I am pretty good with an M203 40mm grenade launcher.

Heading out tomorrow for 2 weeks of intensive tactical staff officer training as I seek to prove the pen is truly mightier than the sword.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09 2015, 11:45:05 PM »

That's cool... I had more fun in the military when I was an infantryman

I really disliked mandatory military education.... First thing is that I don't need a million dollar education shoved up my ass a nickel at a time.  Most of the time, it's nothing but a huge party with the training taking place away from home station.  The last mandatory military education that I attended was the warrant officer advanced course and the only thing I took away from that course was how to critique someone teaching a class or doing public speaking.  Wasted 6 weeks of my life. Completely worthless for me as an maintenance test pilot.
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10 2015, 07:48:01 AM »

That's cool... I had more fun in the military when I was an infantryman

I really disliked mandatory military education.... First thing is that I don't need a million dollar education shoved up my ass a nickel at a time.  Most of the time, it's nothing but a huge party with the training taking place away from home station.  The last mandatory military education that I attended was the warrant officer advanced course and the only thing I took away from that course was how to critique someone teaching a class or doing public speaking.  Wasted 6 weeks of my life. Completely worthless for me as an maintenance test pilot.

I do love being in the Infantry; my knees not so much.

This course I am finishing started about 11 months ago, and is referred to as the "divorce course" (care to guess why?).  It is designed to get (young) officers to critically think at the same level (tactically in an operational context).  I have made the most of it, but seriously have not improved my old dog critical thinking methods at all.  But, I do have a greater appreciation for what goes into running a tactical level operation and all the moving pieces that must be influenced.

Note: I keep telling myself that: You could have been working on your Masters this whole time...
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • RED-RETIRED EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10 2015, 10:47:06 AM »
Mike...are you ever sent to CFB Trenton?
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10 2015, 08:39:50 PM »
Mike...are you ever sent to CFB Trenton?

Hardly ever.  That is an Air Force base... I be Army.  CFB Kingston is pretty regular for visits. Why... whats up?
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline gordyzx9r

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16 2015, 12:52:05 PM »

Cool, I didn't realize there was another warrant around here.  I was a 153DD before I retired a few years ago.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16 2015, 02:34:58 PM »

Cool, I didn't realize there was another warrant around here.  I was a 153DD before I retired a few years ago.
I am familiar with a 153D but no the second D.  Started my career as 11B, then on to jump school, then onto ranger school then my body decided it had enough of humping the yama's.  Went through Rucker in 02-03.  Started warrant career as an154C then 154CG then 154FG then 154FL when I retired in 2011.  I'm contracting with DynCorp here at Hood
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline gordyzx9r

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16 2015, 04:21:22 PM »

I am familiar with a 153D but no the second D.  Started my career as 11B, then on to jump school, then onto ranger school then my body decided it had enough of humping the yama's.  Went through Rucker in 02-03.  Started warrant career as an154C then 154CG then 154FG then 154FL when I retired in 2011.  I'm contracting with DynCorp here at Hood

That was the Medevac identifier that no one actually ever paid any attention to.  I wound up as an ASO and decided to pursue that after I retired and I'm working for Ingersoll Rand now...far away from the Army or Army Aviation.  Though, I do still own a house in Enterprise if you know anyone interested in buying one.  I originally enlisted as an avionics mechanic and would have stayed there as I originally started on Huey's which were easy...then we got Hawks and all of a sudden our 6 hour days turned into 12 hour days as Hawks were much more maintenance heavy.  At that point, I decided I'd rather be in the front seat than sitting in the back.  I went through Mother Rucker around '98 originally and actually finished up there '08-'11.  Enterprise better hope they never shut it down, that little town has grown a lot but there is nothing to sustain it except the base.   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal