Author Topic: Bullet proof my a...  (Read 5162 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • RED-RETIRED EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
Re: Bullet proof my a...
« Reply #15 on: June 21 2015, 09:37:26 PM »
I don't think it had anything to do with it either. These 9441 PT's are egg shaped...and I ran some silly amounts of low gear timing last year...and fairly lean at the traps. Larry...get some VR's...piss on Fel Pro.

« Last Edit: June 21 2015, 09:41:31 PM by Scoobum »
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline larrym

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Bullet proof my a...
« Reply #16 on: June 21 2015, 11:30:33 PM »
If the VRs were easier to get I would NAPA used to carry them but they have switched to felpro now...
I'm pretty sure it was the lack of ALKY that took out the gasket. I don't run Julio's system wish I did this is the first issue I have had with this set up the pump is a surflo that I had just replaced I did get a warranty replacement.
My last pump lasted 3 seasons and once they get noisy I replace them. Figure it had a flat spot in the winding or something that caused it to stick. I have a prime switch I use that has two relays to isolate my cooling mist controller. The controller is pretty slick it has a digital boost gauge plus a line of LEDs that show pump duty cycle based on voltage to the pump, 1 knob for turn on point a second for max duty cycle.
When I tested the pump I could hear the relays working but no pump once I did get it to work it seemed fine and I could not duplicate the problem I drained the tank with my test button stopping it several times to see if it would stick but it appeared fine. My local parts store had no issue replacing it just to ensure my piece of mind plus they will give me a break on my new parts they always do regardless of the circumstance.
« Last Edit: June 21 2015, 11:38:09 PM by larrym »
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline madcow

• PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22 2015, 09:08:51 PM »
And now all that black silicone is in your oil pan. Just a heads up.

Offline larrym

• Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23 2015, 11:22:42 AM »
the motor is on a stand getting prepped for new gaskets plus the torque converter is at the shop getting tweaked I wanted to inspect the motor after my mishap make sure it was not damaged  bearings look good I flushed it twice with clean oil and a new filter before I pulled it out thankfully it was just water no coolant.

86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02 2015, 09:20:20 AM »
Read this from Kirban's newsletter I got yesterday:
[font=]GM AND VICTOR REINZ BUICK TURBO HEAD GASKETS -[/font]

[font=]GM and Victor Reinz Buick Turbo Regal head gaskets are one  in the same. The difference is, the ones they made for GM have the GM part  number stamped on them. If you buy a set from GM, you will see the GM part  number and somewhere a small “v” stamped in a circle somewhere on the  gasket![/font]

[font=]I actually talked to a person who had access to the  records and tooling for GM for the 1986-1987 Turbo Regal head gaskets, which GM  ordered back in 1985.[/font]

[font=]Victor Reinz made the original head gaskets for the  production 1986-1987 Turbo Regals. There are two different part numbers, both  will work from Victor Reinz for the 1986-1987 Turbo Regal engines.  [/font]For over 20 years Richard Clark has used  both numbers with zero issues. He has built several hundred 1986-1987 Turbo  engines using the same exact gasket we sell.

[font=]He originally found this information out years ago from  his local GM dealer. One format has a small extra hole in the head gasket that  actually sits outside the head and does nothing. The other version does not have  this extra hole that is not used. Both versions are 100% the same except for the  one exterior hole.  [/font]Our part number  is #7576 and we sell a pair for $54.95 plus shipping. The list price is almost  $90 a set.

[font=]The end result is the Victor Reinz head gaskets and GM are  exactly the same. The real difference is what price you want to pay for a set of  head gaskets.[/font]

[font=]We usually have the version that does not have the extra  hole in stock.[/font]

[font=]Either version is getting increasingly difficult to get.  Most manufacturers that have GM as a client make the same part, but leave off  the GM part number for obvious reasons.[/font]
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02 2015, 08:13:49 PM »
Last set I got from full throttle, and included all but the valley pan gasket. I got that local from O'Reillys. I believe it was about $90, but that was 07 or so.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal