Author Topic: I know traction is nice and all....  (Read 2568 times)

Offline tb3

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
I know traction is nice and all....
« on: December 07 2014, 09:57:06 PM »
but it sure feels nice (to me) breaking the tires loose between the shifts.
I went for a drive today and laid into it getting onto the on-ramp. hearing those 1-2 and 2-3 shifts chirping  the tires sure does put a smile on my face. :rock:
God I love these cars :icon_kidra:
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline tb3

• View Profile
Re: I know traction is nice and all....
« Reply #1 on: December 07 2014, 10:08:39 PM »
btw,
a big thanks to all of you that continue  to read and post on the forums.
you just can't put a price on knowledge.

and yes I'm drinking  right now.  it's been a tough couple weeks  :icon_jook: :icon_jook:

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08 2014, 09:59:46 AM »
Hey, just keep moving forward. These are the hardest times of the year. Everything an emergency and others with no patience. Pay it forward. Let that no driving moron in, hold the door for others. It helps you more than them.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline tb3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08 2014, 10:28:25 PM »
I hear ya  :rock:
I'm just aggrivated with my ex-gals  kid. 
She never had a dad, he died of cancer a few years ago and wasn't exactly a model father in the first place, if you know what I mean. 
She's like a daughter to me and I never did disaspline or yell at her cause I didn't want her to hate me,  I always would just sit her down and say "look kiddo, I know more about being a punk-ass and knuckle-head than just about anybody.  So just listen to my advice and you will be a step ahead of other kids your age, and you'll have a real good chance of having a much better standard of living than your mother. 
I keep teaching her all the usual no-brainer stuff like, keep focusing on good grades, stay away from boys right now....period,  don't hang around losers, etc...
and she keeps turning around and making stupid decisions, one right after another.  I can't even reward her with stuff anymore to try and keep her on track.

guess I kinda know what my ol'man felt like, lol.   
except it just seems like times are changing for the worse as far as being able to get ahead in life, and its going to be harder than ever to get yourself straightened out in the long run these days.   
and I would get in trouble, like most kids, but I had a limit.  Theres a differance between being awnry and just plain ruthlessness.

alot more to the story.  I know you probably shouldn't vent personal crap like this on the internet,   ah'well....  :rolleyes;
I emberass myself on here all the time anyways  :icon_lol: :icon_eyes:

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09 2014, 08:09:48 AM »
I understand as we are three deep in girls and one boy for good measure. We focus on making good decisions and reviewing bad decisions for consequences. This is good if you can show real world examples. I have several nieces that haven't made the best choices so that helps show ours, hey, if you chose like they did, you get what they got.
Just flat telling them what to do rarely works and they don't get the real world experience of making the choices and seeing what happens, good or bad.
We use their friends as examples of how parenting by dictatorship results in exceptionally bad choices when a young person is faced with them with no real world experience.

We just try to keep moving forward and make good decisions with the available info at the time.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline tb3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10 2014, 01:42:10 PM »

:cheers:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal