Author Topic: fuel pump  (Read 9159 times)

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: fuel pump
« Reply #30 on: December 11 2014, 09:01:53 PM »
Looks like you and me have the same kinda luck
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12 2014, 06:14:54 AM »
I don't like to think of it as bad luck, just another challenge that needs solving. Part of the fun and excitement that is the car hobby. Where everything original that you touch crumbles in your hand. Works like that on the gs too, but on that there isn't as much plastic and rubber stuff.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline 626gn

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28 2014, 08:22:16 PM »
Had a DW200 installed couple months ago to replace a Walbro. Nothing was wrong with the Walbro (yet) but just wanted the reliability since I run an ethanol blend and the Walbro wasn't rated for it. Hard to beat the price, warranty, and reliability. I haven't heard of one dying yet. Only thing is I couldn't get mine to seat well on the bottom of the hangar and install the sock without cutting part of the hangar seat. No biggie though, just put a couple of zip ties much like you did for added security.
’87 Limited – Stock short block, 206/206 billet roller, ported irons, TE45a, FMIC, ATR DP, ATR exhaust, double pumpers, 80lb injectors, TurboTweak AXiS, LS1 MAF, Janis transmission, 9”AC 16930 NL, Alradco dual fans, Eaton posi, Moser axles, ATR sway bar, Kirban seat braces.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28 2014, 08:55:47 PM »
We got it dropped recrimped and such. I have new pix ill post. Working on a no left blinker now. I think it is a poor connection with the cold weather but we are pulling the lens now to see.
I found some cool 3m crimp butt joint with a heat shrink right on it in my stuff so we put those on. Got to use the cool Thomas &betts crimpers I bought at least a decade ago. Pix to follow.
Rich

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29 2014, 10:14:35 AM »

jpg images

image upload with preview

image sharing
I
Drove it to work today. Had a guy wanting to know if it is for sale at the gas station. This was at 6am. Crazy the attention this car gets and it is a beater.
Rich

Offline 626gn

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29 2014, 12:39:27 PM »
Looks good to go.

You're right, the attention these cars get is crazy. From the guys who try to talk to me about the car thru my rolled up windows at stoplights, or stop at my house while I'm working on the car (this makes me really paranoid), or yells "are you the original owner?" or "nice Monte" from the farthest pump away at the gas station---all these things drive me nuts. Can't complain about it to the wifey though...she just tells me "well why the hell did you buy this flashy car in the first place then?" LOL!
’87 Limited – Stock short block, 206/206 billet roller, ported irons, TE45a, FMIC, ATR DP, ATR exhaust, double pumpers, 80lb injectors, TurboTweak AXiS, LS1 MAF, Janis transmission, 9”AC 16930 NL, Alradco dual fans, Eaton posi, Moser axles, ATR sway bar, Kirban seat braces.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29 2014, 04:26:57 PM »

upload img
Put heat to em to shrink em.

image hosting over 5mb
The package , been in the drawer so long I forgot where I picked em up.

Got the new to me 42lb injectors and 5.6tt chip in. Replaced a bunch of crumbly vacuum lines. Starts and idles super smooth now
Rich

Offline xpander343

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29 2014, 05:45:59 PM »
we use tons of those heat shrink butt connectors at work.   As long as you don't cut the covering by over crimping they seem to last.  Whenever I find a green rotted one its usually because it was cut when installed new.
we buy ours by either the 50 packs or 100 packs from napa.

these work pretty sweet too
http://www.cableorganizer.com/elelktralink-butt-splices/
87 Regal Limited

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29 2014, 11:18:31 PM »
Dude... use hose clamps, not zip ties.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal