Author Topic: ETAS INCA  (Read 2879 times)

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
ETAS INCA
« on: June 28 2012, 10:41:57 PM »
Ttipe mentioned this elsewhere. I had no idea it existed.

'Should not have been surprised I guess, we use other black boxes that integrate simulink and labview etc for our instruments. This just covers the infernal combustion arena.

Don't know what I think about running labview in a car tho....
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline The Radius Kid

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ETAS INCA
« Reply #1 on: June 28 2012, 10:58:22 PM »

'Should not have been surprised I guess, we use other black boxes that integrate simulink and labview etc for our instruments. This just covers the infernal combustion arena.

You've got to figure the OEM's developement toys are going to be MUCH more powerful than what they're going to use in their cars for the road.

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29 2012, 08:42:27 AM »
But can it find your lost car keys :icon_eyes:
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29 2012, 04:34:58 PM »

You've got to figure the OEM's developement toys are going to be MUCH more powerful than what they're going to use in their cars for the road.

That I expected, just thought they rolled their own, imagine they had to in '87?
(Hi John- welcome back)

Theoretically we could buy one - given enough money.

Offline ttipe

• VOLUMETRIC EFFICIENCY NUT CASE
  • Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29 2012, 11:32:34 PM »
In 85 powertrain used specially wired (tapped for signal intercept) ecm which was part of a 3 box unit called "the stack".In the stack the "IM" (signal conditioner) is used to drive the display or the" I^2u".We also had a box where calibrations could be switched on the road by selector switches. This is a very crude description of what was used to calibrate the turbo regals. My car was actually at the strip being evaluated by myself and Jim Royer (powertrain calibrator) prior to purchase through the dealer.The car trapped at 88mph first time out.We were working on this prior to delivery somewhat. Moral of the story the stockers might not have run well of the showroom floor.   
4" CAI, severely modded TA61, PTE slic with modded scoop,Weber shrtblock (in process modded Hemco), ported intake, ported GN1's, 212,206,111 cam, T & D 1.6 ratio,8.51 to 1,TA headers,60 lb's , XFI, 8an fuel feed, 6an return, 340L, 9.5 PTC 3200, Janis 2004R, boxed upr & lwrs, HR sway bar 275/ 60r/15s

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16 2012, 08:35:46 AM »
In 85 powertrain used specially wired (tapped for signal intercept) ecm which was part of a 3 box unit called "the stack".In the stack the "IM" (signal conditioner) is used to drive the display or the" I^2u".We also had a box where calibrations could be switched on the road by selector switches. This is a very crude description of what was used to calibrate the turbo regals. My car was actually at the strip being evaluated by myself and Jim Royer (powertrain calibrator) prior to purchase through the dealer.The car trapped at 88mph first time out.We were working on this prior to delivery somewhat. Moral of the story the stockers might not have run well of the showroom floor.

Most interesting glimpse into the history. Did any photographs of this contraption survive?
Dave

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal