Author Topic: Intersting Stories  (Read 5963 times)

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Intersting Stories
« Reply #15 on: March 04 2011, 07:52:51 AM »
Wow, Sean! Very cool.That is an amazing story. It is such a small world knowing you were living in my hometown (literly) (sp). I found out a while back that Sean lived less than 1 miles from my home. "All" of these stories are amazing. Thanks for sharing. I would love to hear more from you guys.
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04 2011, 08:43:49 AM »
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:40 pm"
Unless you're a kid-toucher I'm sure it will all be entertaining.
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Intersting Stories
« Reply #17 on: March 04 2011, 10:07:02 AM »
it's too bad Sean's Dad was not transferred to PA.

they would have called him Scrawny Shawny from Puxatony
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
Intersting Stories
« Reply #18 on: March 04 2011, 10:26:29 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Wood @ Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:07 am"
it's too bad Sean's Dad was not transferred to PA.

they would have called him Scrawny Shawny from Puxatony

LOL! Except he isn't to Scrawny!
More like Beer Gut Shawny from Puxatony!
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04 2011, 11:40:41 AM »
Woodstock 1969.

I was fortunate to attend Woodstock with a few friends. I can't remember details because of the drunken and high state we were in for the week.  We decided to go camping a few days earlier so we could avoid the crowds ( we thought a few thousand). The area had and still has many showup and crash camping grounds.
We stayed at Mongaup Pond near Livingston manor about 20 miles north of Bethel. I think the second day Wed. before the start of the event reports said the area was blocked up solid. Lucky we came from the other direction. We parked on someone farm about 5 miles away. As soon as we seen Route 17 it looked like a scene from Egypt's uprising. It took us two days to walk five miles due the crowds, stopping to get high with every person that is offering you a joint, beer or magic tea. We set up camp around the lake wear you see in the movie everyone mud sliding and skinny dipping. My birthday is Aug 16 and that was the Sat of the event. My friends went around and told neighbors it was my birthday and the drugs and dragged into tents with some half naked girls was well a great day. We finally left the event on Tues and found the car ok. As for the show/music I can only remember highlights in no particular order. These groups/artists stood out from the rest.
Country Joe and the Fish
Keef Hartley band
Santana
Mountain,
The Who
Ten Years After
Johnny Winter
CSN and Young
Jimi Hendrix

Ten Years After and Jimi Hendrix were the best in my drunken opinion. Bands not mentioned were good but all seemed to blend together like in a lava lamp. My friends say they can see me on the Woodstock movie watching the mud sliders but I can't pick myself out, so I never claim the fame.  Woodstock was a life changing event for me. That and friends getting killed in Viet Nam  or on drugs here. I cut my hair and started a business. I still did many concerts at the Fillmore East and other venues but was able to drive after the event.
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04 2011, 12:36:14 PM »
Now that sounds like something that would be a Great life changing experience & I bet in the end it helped mold you into what you are today! No wonder you like to go to car events & enjoy the group aspect of it all.
Cheers!!
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88

Offline gbsean

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buickperfomancegroup.com
« Reply #21 on: March 04 2011, 08:01:01 PM »
Soooo my Middle School was Helen Keller Junior High....my mum would take my sister and I to school and pick us up. now as you know in England they drive on the other side of the road...Well my mum pulled out of the school into the wrong lane...I had to yell at my mum as we were heading towards a school bus....this would not be the last time I had to tell mum she was in the wrong lane...lol...S o we were stuck in this apartment but had a house with no furniture. This was actually a good time for me as my dad prior to this was always traveling and we never spent much time together. He would get home from work...we would eat dinner as a family and then head over to the house to fix things up. I always was taking things apart and putting them back together. We finished the unfinished basement..In Illinois the electrical had to enclosed in conduit. Now we had no tools and K-mart was our new best friend.. Basically my Dad had to purchase new tools as his were frozen on a container ship. I learned in those few months how to bend conduit...inst all outlets... sweat copper pipes...frame walls put up paneling...lay a tile floor...instal l a dropped ceiling...hang doors...I will have to say that moving to America allowed my dad to teach me many life lessons and skills that may not have taken place in England....

DCEPTCN

« Reply #22 on: March 06 2011, 05:53:01 PM »
I'm still typing mine up. It''l be a monster that was laborious to type and no one will care to read.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
Intersting Stories
« Reply #23 on: March 06 2011, 06:07:57 PM »
I can't wait - your epic posts are epic.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

DCEPTCN

Intersting Stories
« Reply #24 on: March 06 2011, 06:09:56 PM »
Quote from: "SuperSix @ Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:07 pm"
I can't wait - your epic posts are epic.
In 1996 it took me 8.5 days to travel by thumb from Ruth Nevada to Times Square New York...alot of typing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal