Author Topic: A lifetime of Buicks  (Read 7607 times)

Offline KGB

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: A lifetime of Buicks
« Reply #15 on: November 22 2011, 10:25:10 AM »
Oh, ... my Buick dealer tells me I can buy one before I hit 65 if I have an AARP card. 

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22 2011, 10:46:29 AM »
My mother has a Buick.  I'm not old enough yet to have one.

Clinging onto the past with your Accord and Moosewang?

My Buick dealer says I have to be over 65 to buy one. :(

... and that's a SUBHUMAN Moosewang!!!  :P

Are you required to blow random men while driving it? Or do you do that "just because"?

:nutswing: :cheer:

I blow random men because I LIKE IT!!!  Not because I'm required to.  I'm no one's meat puppet unless I say so.  :P

'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline KGB

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22 2011, 11:16:30 AM »
A man after my own dick heart!!! 

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12 2015, 11:04:46 AM »
found another image for post #1

A black-painted grille, headlamp trim, and window moldings also contributed to the car’s sporty profile. A “Turbo Coupe” labeled deck lid panel and wide rocker treatment were additional hints that this was no ordinary Century. Though the brand is known for its reserved styling, the Turbo Coupe was an exception. With hawk decals adorning each fender, Buick wanted you to know this Century could fly.

With a four-barrel carburetor and dual exhaust as standard equipment, the Turbo Coupe made an astounding 175 horsepower and 275 pounds-feet of torque. Amazingly, the Turbo Coupe fell just shy of the 1979 Corvette’s performance specs of 195 horsepower and 285 pounds-feet with a V8 at the helm.

Sporting a paltry 3,051-pound curb weight, the Century Turbo Coupe was 430 pounds lighter than the Corvette too — making the performance comparison between the two much closer than General Motors would care to admit. It’s also worth noting that the Century was much lighter than its sibling Regal — making the Turbo Coupe the most potent offering in Buick’s lineup.

Only an estimated 1,000 to 1,200 models were made until production halted in 1980. But the Century Turbo Coupe proved that Buick’s innovative methods had the potential to succeed. A six-cylinder engine could be both fuel-efficient and powerful in spite of widespread disbelief.

Even though the Century Turbo Coupe wasn’t a sales success, its innovative performance architecture helped pave the way for one of the greatest muscle cars in automotive history.

-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal