Author Topic: challenger wheels/tires  (Read 5697 times)

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
Re: challenger wheels/tires
« Reply #15 on: July 27 2014, 03:27:55 PM »
sweet ride!
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline gordyzx9r

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
  • The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29 2014, 12:17:15 AM »
I love this car Steve, how is it coming along?

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29 2014, 07:55:52 AM »
Sweet ride Steve!
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #18 on: October 29 2014, 10:24:19 AM »
Dave, I have not done much on it lately because I ordered a stroker engine (440 stroked out to 522) back in September along with a new beefed up transmission.  The transmission is here but the engine is probably about three weeks out.   The engine is pretty mild-reminds me of a good RV engine... should make about 525 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque.  It will be dyno'd before it is shipped...I went mild because it basically has an auto-x suspension and there won't be much weight transfer to try to hook it up.  Anyway, I am kinda spoiled by a flat turbo'd torque curve and that is what this engine should provide starting about 2000 rpm.

The current 440 runs good but it just ain't got the thrust I am used to.  I had originally bought a pair of aluminum heads for it, but then, I made some unexpected money when I sold the last batch of lambs and kids so I decided to put it into an engine and tranny.  Shipped the heads and other parts off to the engine builder as they are what they typically use on the engine I bought so it will be deducted from the cost.

I bought some rotors that are 11.75" in diameters to replace the 10.75" that are stock, as well.  Need to slap them on with the EBC pads that I got for them.  Older I get the more I want to be able to stop...funny how that works

In the mean time, after five years of being sitting with the front end ripped apart to install new wiring, I started trying to figure out how to put my Camaro back together so I can sell it.  I had walked away from it after an incident with a family member left me hating the car.  Putting it back together has been a three steps forward and four steps backward process as I bolt  it back together and then realize that the next part had to go on first!  Also, I discovered the paint shop had left a lot of bolts out and had left out/lost some other parts.  It would have been a lot easier if I did not have the factory assembly manual and realize what it should have...but I am getting over the top on it...doing the other underhood harness on now...damn those old starters are heavy.  Had to drop it yesterday to get to the two wires going to the solenoid.  Not looking forward to one handing it back in place.  Getting way too old and out of shape for that.

I think you have seen some of these pics before but I put this page together for my eye doctor who is interested in this...unfortu nately his wife just had twins and he is feeling poor for a doctor but anyway....

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/doccamaro.htm
« Last Edit: October 29 2014, 11:39:50 AM by Steve Wood »
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline tb3

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29 2014, 10:41:59 PM »
I don't know that I've ever seen a blue one.
I sure like those green and purple ones though.   :cheers:
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31 2014, 02:08:31 AM »
A guy I work with has one similar, he called it a Secretary Edition or something like that...had a luggage rack on the trunk.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01 2014, 04:16:58 PM »
Looks great, Steve!
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #22 on: November 01 2014, 07:29:09 PM »
Thanks, Mike...amazing to see a garbage pile look good....:D   It actually drives very well as long as the road is smooth...
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02 2014, 04:21:08 PM »
I believe just the big block first gen cars had the tail light panel painted black. I thought I needed one until I discovered GS big blocks.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal