Author Topic: Installed new Stereo in Elise  (Read 1706 times)

Offline gbsean

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buickperfomancegroup.com
Installed new Stereo in Elise
« on: April 26 2012, 09:12:50 PM »
well as you know I do not mess around when I am motivated. the old unit was fine but as it was located in glove box and had a tape deck it was hard to switch stations or mess with the volume. So I looked into some new reproduction stereos and could not find anything for my 67 that had all the features I wanted. I then did a search on hidden units and came across this, http://www.casmfg.com/Secretaudio.htm I really wanted the unit with the hand held remote but when ordering i was told they were on back order and would not be available for months...so I went the SST over the SRMS... The hardest part was getting the old radio out of the glove box. As the previous owner had done a really good job of installing it including electrical connections installing the new head unit was a breeze. the old radio was only 25 watts per channel and this new one is 50 watts per channel so it is louder. This weekend I will install my Amp and Sub Box. The FM stereo reception is far better than the previous unit. I hooked up my I-pod classic and it worked without any issues. It is nice to be able to control the head unit by the Wired commander and also the RF remote...even from outside the car..

Offline Shimy87

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Installed new Stereo in Elise
« Reply #1 on: April 26 2012, 09:36:07 PM »
looks good, nice interior also. Gotta ask, are those white panties hanging form the rear view :icon_lol:
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline gbsean

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buickperfomancegroup.com
« Reply #2 on: April 26 2012, 09:46:48 PM »
nope my wife's garter from when we got married...bead s are from New Years Celebration in New Orleans

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26 2012, 10:17:06 PM »
Nice!!!
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27 2012, 12:58:12 PM »
Looks Good! Nice when your motivated to work on the car. I wish I had some of your energy if even just to change the oil mine! Maybe tomorrow?  :chin:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal