Author Topic: why there is turmoil in the Buick community  (Read 8037 times)

Offline straycat990

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Buickless and Loving It!!!
    • View Profile
Re: why there is turmoil in the Buick community
« Reply #15 on: August 29 2005, 05:17:38 PM »
Quote from: "granitestategn @ Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:18 am
And with that I say...Straycat, what does your car have for options that made its sticker price almost 25K??? Gold plated everything? A 7K dealer mark-up? I bought mine new (fairly well optioned) for 17,500, give or take. The most expensive one on the lot was around 19K.

My car happened to be one of the last to roll off the line. Has just about everything except an astro roof.

Offline granitestategn

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30 2005, 07:24:26 AM »
That makes more sense. I think mine was almost $19K after all the add-on, taxes and such. Your car must have been totally loaded, complete with matching ashtray liner. :)  What was the delivery date of the car, just out of curiosity? I didn't pick the options on my car since I bought it off the lot. There were more heavily optioned cars but I liked the options on my car and the price was good. I was concerned about leaks w/T-tops. They didn't have an astro roof car. No burglar alarm. No floor mats. AM/FM cassette w/ Concert Sound. Six way power seat. No door rub strip down the side. I'll have to look at my option sticker and see what I got. I've got all my original sales papers around somewhere.
87 GN, 97K, original owner, stock turbo, stock IC, 60# inj, Turbotweak 93 chip, some other odds & ends

12.98 @ 104

Offline straycat990

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Buickless and Loving It!!!
    • View Profile
why there is turmoil in the Buick community
« Reply #17 on: August 30 2005, 03:52:20 PM »
I can't find the date the car was delivered to the dealership. But, I did find that the deposit was placed on the car on Mar 28, 1987. I am guess the car was special ordered ... I really don't know.  Only other date I have is the date the original owner took the car home ...which was Dec. 21, 1987

Offline granitestategn

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31 2005, 08:12:33 AM »
WOW, what crappy delivery. Deposit in March and delivery in December. I wonder why it took so long? They must have made about 10,000 of them in that time period.
87 GN, 97K, original owner, stock turbo, stock IC, 60# inj, Turbotweak 93 chip, some other odds & ends

12.98 @ 104

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal