Author Topic: My father had a stroke  (Read 6824 times)

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
My father had a stroke
« Reply #15 on: July 31 2008, 08:37:31 PM »
Quote from: "87natty @ Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:39 am"
This thing is a fucking rollercoaster,

It usually is.  :prayer:
Rob

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Re: My father had a stroke
« Reply #16 on: August 03 2008, 03:57:39 PM »
Brian, how is your father doing? Just hope all is still going well.
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
My father had a stroke
« Reply #17 on: August 05 2008, 01:54:35 PM »
He's better. He starts physical and speech therapy today, they're moving him to a skilled nursing facility. Such a fucking rollercoaster, but you guys are so awesome. I've just been working on his decrepit house lately. THOUSANDS of bottle in his garage, and they all have to go. Fire marshall came and will begin citing in 7 days, so I'm off to start on the pile again, but it sucks balancing this between visiting my Dad and working.

As far as Dad goes, he's talking more, can keep his eyes open and wants to get out of bed and leave the hospital, he can't take it. He's still a little out of it, but he's making progress.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
My father had a stroke
« Reply #18 on: August 05 2008, 02:04:05 PM »
Quote from: "87natty @ August 5th 2008"
He's better. He starts physical and speech therapy today, they're moving him to a skilled nursing facility. Such a fucking rollercoaster, but you guys are so awesome. I've just been working on his decrepit house lately. THOUSANDS of bottle in his garage, and they all have to go. Fire marshall came and will begin citing in 7 days, so I'm off to start on the pile again, but it sucks balancing this between visiting my Dad and working.

As far as Dad goes, he's talking more, can keep his eyes open and wants to get out of bed and leave the hospital, he can't take it. He's still a little out of it, but he's making progress.

Glad to hear that he is doing better. Hang in there. Can you try and call/talk to the fire marshall that he had a stroke and that you are going to clean it up and you need a little more time? Would that help?
Donna

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
My father had a stroke
« Reply #19 on: August 05 2008, 04:40:19 PM »
That's great news.  How the hell did the fire marshall get involved?
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
My father had a stroke
« Reply #20 on: August 05 2008, 11:31:00 PM »
Quote from: "Top Speed @ Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:40 pm"
That's great news.
Rob

DCEPTCN

« Reply #21 on: August 09 2008, 11:10:46 PM »
Funny how what is 'lawn art' in NM is against the law in CA.

I hope he's the most stubborn bastard on Earth, bro. I hope to meet him in November.

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
My father had a stroke
« Reply #22 on: August 10 2008, 12:04:21 AM »
Yup, firefighters went into the house looking for any medication or family members inside. Neither were there, but his house was a fucking wreck. His water heater popped, and so he shut the water off. This in turn backed up the sewer lines, leading to toilets in horrible states. My father NEVER liked asking for help, and never liked us inside his house when we'd visit. So he'd visit us.

He pack-ratted piles of newspapers and junk mail, which were fire hazards. And the whoel house was just dusty and covered in cobwebs, or as my sister refers to them 'Irish curtains.' It's OK, we're half Irish. :)

Oh, and his garage was full of 40 oz. malt liquor bottle. FULL. Two car garage, front to back, about 5 to 6 feet high.

But we've since eliminated a lot of things on the list. We have a hearing on the 12th to see what will happen. I have the fire marshal coming in on the 11th, so he can see that we've made a hell of a lot of progress and we hope he can go to bat for us on the 12th for an extension on the timetable.

But enough about politics, my dad is moving his head around, he's far more conscious of what's going on. We wants to get out of the bed, but we tell him to wait. He corrected me on Johnny Unitas's jersey number today. He's being a stubborn old bastard, and was mumbling about getting on the bus to get the hell out because i wouldn't take him away in my car.

He's physically fine and slowly coming around mentally. He starts his rehab regimen on Monday. He wants me to bring my dog in. He wants a cigarette and a beer.

Things are looking better for him, and once this whole house thing passes over I can focus on him. My sister and I hope to move into his house, which belonged to my Grandparents who were the original owners in 1963. Found my Grandfather's medals, Holy Shit there's alot. Found his footlocker from WWII full of official portraits of him. He retired as an O-6 Captain. Found his dogtags AND my father's dogtags.

But everything is looking better with time. There's a Veteran's group that is down to help us out rebuilding parts of the house. The Burn Institute came yesterday and gave us smoke detectors. My firends have been amazing people, they worked with me today like they were getting paid. 7 hour straight in 90+ degree weather. We removed about 3 tons of bottles. Maybe more. I lost count days ago.

Anyway, more details later. Things are looking up. Just need time.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
My father had a stroke
« Reply #23 on: August 11 2008, 12:22:06 AM »
Quote from: "87natty @ Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:04 pm"
Oh, and his garage was full of 40 oz. malt liquor bottle. FULL. Two car garage, front to back, about 5 to 6 feet high.

My firends have been amazing people, they worked with me today like they were getting paid. 7 hour straight in 90+ degree weather. We removed about 3 tons of bottles. Maybe more. I lost count days ago.

With all those bottles, you may be able to retire on the core deposits and buy a new house too. ( aren't they something like 5 cents a piece ?)
Rob

Offline Ttype83

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
My father had a stroke
« Reply #24 on: August 11 2008, 04:14:08 AM »
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:22 pm"
Quote from: "87natty @ Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:04 pm"

My firends have been amazing people, they worked with me today like they were getting paid. 7 hour straight in 90+ degree weather. We removed about 3 tons of bottles. Maybe more. I lost count days ago.

With all those bottles, you may be able to retire on the core deposits and buy a new house too. ( aren't they something like 5 cents a piece ?)

Brian are you sure they aren't dipping into the 40 stock?
RR that is to funny.

Brian I very sad to read this and know how you feel. My mother had a heart attack last Dec. while I was in Germany. I'm glad to hear that he is doing better.
Jim Seaton 83 T type
CarbedHotAir Slug
2 1/2\" mandrel bent dual exh wo/cat & Dynomax race bullet mufflers, MSD coil, MSD BTM,K&N filter, K hanger, CS secondaries, Comp cam 260H, BRF Trans, ET 14.8 @ 92mph 14 psi boost
Comp Cams will never get another dime of my money
USAF (retired w/22yrs)
86 T-type Stock IC & Turbo, Razor Alky, 50lb inj, Hotwire & fuel pump, tt chip

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
My father had a stroke
« Reply #25 on: August 25 2008, 03:41:10 PM »
$1,500 of glass. At $0.11 a pound. All gone. We've been putting the money back into the house.

I started a thread on his progress at TBS:

http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/waiting-room/78111-my-dad-getting-better.html

Offline Zap

• Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26 2008, 06:52:45 AM »
I'm glad to hear he's doing better. Hang in there buddy.
You can't get sweet shit outta a sour asshole

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26 2008, 08:58:42 AM »
Brian, it's been a few weeks, how is your dad doing?
Donna

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal